Author Topic: Meteobridge MYSQL Upload Timed Out Error  (Read 762 times)

Offline jfields47

Meteobridge MYSQL Upload Timed Out Error
« on: January 26, 2019, 01:17:37 PM »
I am try to use the meteobridge mysql upload to push my weather data to a Synology DS213j Diskstation.  The diskstation has phpMyAdmin installed as well as a MariaDB 10 that uses port 3307.   The meteobridge and diskstation are on the same internal network with no firewall.

I am getting the follow error on the meteobridge services tab.  Error: Timed out to connect to MYSQL database: 6 seconds

I am not vary familar with mysql to begin with but I have tried everything I could find on the web to resolve this to no avail.  Maybe someone here can help.  Attached are the screen shots of the meteobridge, phpmyadmin page, and one from PuTTy.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: Meteobridge MYSQL Upload Timed Out Error
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 11:21:42 PM »
Try changing MySQL upload to every Full 5 minutes. Every 15 seconds is a bit much. I don't know if that is the problem. But from the screenshots you showed that is the only difference between yours and mine.

Every Full 5 minutes makes it upload predictably every 5 minutes on the exact 5 minute marks of 00, 05, 10, 15, 20, 25....etc.

Paste your MySQL Query here to inspect that.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 11:30:23 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline jfields47

Re: Meteobridge MYSQL Upload Timed Out Error **solved**
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 02:09:15 PM »
Well it looks like I got the upload working back on 1/27 and didn't realize it.

Galfert- I had that upload set at every 15 sec just to test my query, which was working.  I have it set to every full 10 min now and it's working great.

However, on my services tab of the meteobridge, I still have the time out error and the red x beside the host.  Not sure what's up that with but it's uploading every full 10 min as set.

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 07:23:15 PM »
root can only access from the synology box.

root@127.0.0.1
root@localhost

you are coming from a remote location so you need to add

root@<MB.IP.ADD.RESS> to the mysql database setup else root from meteobridge has no permission.
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline jfields47

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 09:28:53 PM »
I added that account but the time out error is still there as well as the X beside the host.   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]