Author Topic: Met One Northwest qestions  (Read 1788 times)

Offline kj4qpk

Met One Northwest qestions
« on: February 06, 2010, 07:55:25 PM »
Hello everyone. New here to the forum. Little intro...I am a geographer / cartographer for a local company here in Oak Ridge. I have my BA in Geography and have always had an interest in weather and climate. A few years ago I bought a Oregon Scientific home weather station. It's a nice little unit.

Anyway...I just picked up a used Met One Northwest set up. I think it was used by a local museum, according to a property tag. The unit actually looks like it may have been operated once or twice, as there is no sign of weathering (pardon the pun). It came with the 10 foot tripod, datalogger (model 460) and all the basic instruments: temp, RH, barometric pressure, wind speed and direction. It's one heck of a set up!

However, I really don't know where to start with it, as it did not come with any manuals. I was able to get it to preform some self tests, and it says that it's okay. There is little info on the web about it.

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance.

By the way, my name is James.

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
Re: Met One Northwest qestions
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 08:06:16 PM »
Welcome to the forum James.
Can't say I have ever heard of Met One systems.
I did find this on the web.
http://www.metone.com/meteorology.php
I see they have an office in Grants Pass, Oregon. We have a member here on the forum from there. Maybe  he might have some info about them.

Offline kj4qpk

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 08:17:44 PM »
ocala,

Thanks for the link, but I have already been over that with a fine tooth comb. They don't have anything to download for reference and to beat it all, they want 25 - 50 dollars for a replacement manual!

Guess I am going to just start poking at it with a stick until I get something to work, ha.

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 08:59:42 PM »
I just picked up a used Met One Northwest set up.

Any ideas???

If anybody knows anything about it, Al down in GA will know.
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline Downlinerz2

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 11:48:08 PM »
   I too have not heard of this station before.  I think you have probably already seen this but at this link, but just in case, you can find pictures of setups and installations of this station. Good luck. I am sure someone on this forum will have the info you need.

http://www.metone.com/in-the-field.htm