Author Topic: Beta Testing Acu-Link Web Bridge  (Read 4741 times)

Offline wxtech

• Weather Equipment Technician
  • Forecaster
  • USAF Weather Equipment Maintenance Tech (retired)
    • Lexington, Ga. Weather
Beta Testing Acu-Link Web Bridge
« on: September 20, 2011, 10:03:52 PM »
I was getting kinda low on my 37 dozen projects list, so I added another.  Yesterday I became a Beta test site for the Acu-Rite web bridge.  I got the 1050 Ethernet connect version with Acu-Link.
I got it set up Monday and it seems to be working OK.  
The printed folded poster version is included in the kit but is missing the 'critical' step between steps 4 & 5.
http://www.acurite.com/manuals/MBW-Acu-Link-Internet-Bridge-Installation.pdf
This 49 page vital set of instructions aren't packed in the kit.
http://www.acurite.com/manuals/MBW-Acu-Link-Online-Instructions.pdf  
I set up a second Wunderground station to accept the Acu-Rite data.  It's uploading to WU every 15 minutes.
http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KGALEXIN3
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 11:06:07 PM by wxtech »
Al Washington, Lexington, Ga.,  NWS Coop station=LXTG1, Fischer Porter, SRG, MMTS. 
CoCoRaHS=GA-OG-1. CWOP=CW2074.  Davis VP2+ WLIP 5.9.2, VP(original) serial, VWS v15.00 p02. ImageSalsa, Win7 & Win8 all-in-one.

Offline ctccbc

• Senior Contributor
  • Acurite 01035, Weather Display
    • Chris Collins Morehead City, NC Weather
Re: Beta Testing Acu-Link Web Bridge
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 07:29:34 AM »
I'll be interested to see how your testing goes. As I said in another post, there needs to be an option to update the Weather Underground much more frequently than at 15 minute intervals for this to be of much use. Hopefully, there will be uploads to CWOP available. All of this will be a non-issue I suppose if VWS and Weather Display eventually support this station. Keep us posted!

Offline elias1988

• Davis Vantage Vue
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 08:41:08 PM »
Hello,I'm new to the forum and I just installed my 5 in 1 station (model-01515) tonight. I'm liking it so far! anyway are beta testers still needed for the internet bridge? I am very interested in testing this out!

Offline ctccbc

• Senior Contributor
  • Acurite 01035, Weather Display
    • Chris Collins Morehead City, NC Weather
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 11:12:48 PM »
I just got a 01050 unit and bridge today for beta testing. The installation and setup was easy. It took about 20 minutes to register the bridge, and another 20 or 30 minutes for it to detect all of the season, but it is working fine and uploading to Weather Underground. The interval is 15 minutes, but sometime it is 15 minutes, but sometimes as much as 20 to 25 minutes, perhaps bridge problems?? I noticed after sunset that the Aculink temperatures fell much faster than my Oregon Scientific unit and have been running 3 to 4 degrees cooler than that unit and the local ASOS. I also notice that sometimes the readings on the console do not match what is being shown on the Acu-Link dashboard, or what is being sent to Weather Underground. I'm sure these are things that are still under development in the software. As I have said repeatedly, I think having more frequent updates to Weather Underground, including the Rapid-Fire feature, capability to upload to CWOP/APRS, and the ability to ftp to our websites are a must as this station moves forward. It would also be a plus if support was added to one of the 2 big software packages, i.e. Weather Display or Virtual Weather Station. I have already asked about Cumulus and was told that there was no plans to add this system to Cumulus, so it will be one of the big two, most likely Weather Display, since VWS development seems limited.  I will keep you posted as I continue to test. It will be quite interesting to see how the system does once we get some precipitation.

Offline WPCJ

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 08:20:11 AM »
Has anyone found a way to send Acu-Link Web Bridge to CWOP/APRS?
Acu-Rite 01515. Reecom R-1630. Skywarn spotter. Member of Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service (RACES). Member of the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency (PEMA).

Offline DBordello

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 11:23:23 AM »
Has anyone found a way to send Acu-Link Web Bridge to CWOP/APRS?

Once authenticated, a JSON object is available with the current readings at

'https://acu-link.com/users/YOUR_USER_ID/widget_refresh'

I am sure you could easily develop a wrapper to upload it to other services.