Author Topic: Station 993  (Read 1485 times)

Offline Silversword

• --Stan Y.
  • Forecaster
    • Up Country Maui Weather
Station 993
« on: May 12, 2014, 04:11:11 PM »
Hi All,

Well, finally got my system working together.  It is in testing and burn out mode for the next few days.  Now to mount the boards in the Bud Boxes for a more permanent placement.

Any suggestions for mounting hardware for the boards as the #6 bolts that I have are slightly larger than the board holes?

Also any suggestion for any settings now that I finally figured how to get into the Web-interface?  Most of the settings are in default mode for now. 

I have the Tune CAP for the AS3395 set at 4 as indicated on the envelope.

Any other suggestions and or comments welcome.

Regards,

--Stan Y.
   KH6HHG
   Maui, Hawaii

Stan Y. - KH6HHG - Maui, Hawaii
 --- Blitzortung ID: 993
 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-PHOG1

WDL 6.05
MS Windows 7 Pro
Dell Optiplex GX280-Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz, 4 GB RAM
Davis Vantage Pro 2+ Wireless
Webcam: Axis 211

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
Re: Station 993
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 04:22:39 PM »
I'm still working on getting my system up and running.  But this is what I used to mount my electronic boards into the Bud boxes.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JP40UHA/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The kit has some nylon standoffs with screw bottoms.  That would require drilling and tapping a small metric hole in the box.  If you don't have taps, the box also includes some standoffs that you could mount with drilling a hole, then using the small nylon screws to hold the standoff to the box.

On the Bud boxes, I didn't use the screws supplied to hold them on.  I used some 2 inch Velcro on the bottom to act as a hinge.  Then more Velcro at the top to act as a closure.  That way you have quick and easy access to inside the box.
https://www.BismarckWeather.net
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

Offline Dr Obbins

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 09:53:45 PM »
Looks like you are catching a few over TX

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 11:32:12 PM »
And, I see the following strikes being reported by Station 993. Looks like you are doing quite nicely this early in setting up your station.  =D>
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline Silversword

• --Stan Y.
  • Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 06:03:57 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for taking a look as to what is happening with my system.  Looks like so far so good in the bench burn in time.

Dr. Obbins, your timing must have been pretty good to capture that particular strike. Thanks.

Don, what map or maps are you using to see what an individual station is seeing?

Also again, what size hardware are you using to mount the boards to the Bud Boxes.  Guess that I should NOT enlarge the mounting holes to fit the #6 hardware.

It is interesting to see that I can cover nearly 3,000 miles, so now I hope that if or when there are some lightning activity out here, it will be seen by other stations to triangulate.

Regards,

--Stan Y.
   Maui, Hawaii

WDL 6.05
MS Windows 7 Pro

Offline Dr Obbins

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 07:54:04 PM »
Dr. Obbins, your timing must have been pretty good to capture that particular strike. Thanks.
I wish I could take credit.
Then choose your station from the drop down menu. 
In the General statistics of the last hour section you will see on the Strokes line a hyperlink option (List) and click on it.
Then check the Details box.
Looks like you caught on on the KY - West VA border today.

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 05:30:10 AM »
Humph.... Talk about Important... Stan is responsible for half the earth. Now, Stan... don't let the pressure get to you...  :twisted:
15. May 2014 
Blitzortung.org has found its first participant amid of the Pacific Ocean. The new station in Hawaii has been in operation since a few days. Due to the specific position, the station sends its data to our server for North America and our server for Oceania.
"
http://www.blitzortung.org/Webpages/index.php?lang=en&page=2
  =D>  =D>

Offline JonathanW

• Engineer
  • Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2014, 08:45:37 AM »
Humph.... Talk about Important... Stan is responsible for half the earth. Now, Stan... don't let the pressure get to you...  :twisted:
15. May 2014 
Blitzortung.org has found its first participant amid of the Pacific Ocean. The new station in Hawaii has been in operation since a few days. Due to the specific position, the station sends its data to our server for North America and our server for Oceania.
"
  =D>  =D>

Heh.  We need Blitzortung buoys.

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2014, 11:06:25 AM »
15. May 2014 
"
  =D>  =D>

Heh.  We need Blitzortung buoys.

I'll bet he is glad he listened to all of us nagging him to put in a station.

Congrats Stan -  well done =D>
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2014, 11:37:59 AM »
15. May 2014 
"
  =D>  =D>
And he is responsible for covering Today and Tomorrow simultaneously...  The pressure's building.

add edit:  Did you get those flux capacitors from Mouser, or Radio Shack?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 11:40:29 AM by Cutty Sark Sailor »

Offline Silversword

• --Stan Y.
  • Forecaster
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2014, 05:22:57 PM »
HI,

Thanks guys for the support.  Looks like it it kinda quiet in the US so I may take the system down for mounting the boards in boxes and finding a more permanent place the whole system and I hope not to upset the apple cart by doing all this.

I am at -10 hours from UTC and kinda close to the Date line.  Back from the future for the flux capacitors that is build in for the system here..Guess it comes with the territory

Regards,

--Stan Y.
   KH6HHG
   Maui, Hawaii

WDL 6.05
MS Windows 7 Pro

Offline Jumpin Joe

• Forecaster
    • Joe’s Weather
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2014, 08:50:50 PM »
HI,

Thanks guys for the support.  Looks like it it kinda quiet in the US so I may take the system down for mounting the boards in boxes and finding a more permanent place the whole system and I hope not to upset the apple cart by doing all this.

I am at -10 hours from UTC and kinda close to the Date line.  Back from the future for the flux capacitors that is build in for the system here..Guess it comes with the territory

Regards,

--Stan Y.
   KH6HHG
   Maui, Hawaii

I can see you trying to get street blocked off so you can go back to the future.  I think Mike might have a few flux capacitors laying around if you need one.  :lol:
https://joesweather.info
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus 24-FARS Wireless
WeatherLink Live

anything