Author Topic: Alarm Volume  (Read 3323 times)

Offline MesquiteWx

• Forecaster
    • Mesquite Weather
Alarm Volume
« on: March 07, 2008, 05:47:10 PM »
I searched but nothing was asked about this nor was their anything about this in the manual. I don't know if this is possible but thought I would ask just in case since I have figured out little tricks with the console that were not listed in the manual. Is it possible to set the volume of the alarm on the console?

Offline tweatherman

• Forecaster
Re: Alarm Volume
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 09:28:30 PM »
No there is not a volume for the alarm(s).

Tim

Offline MesquiteWx

• Forecaster
    • Mesquite Weather
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 10:30:17 PM »
Well that bites, doesn't make much sense but what can ya do right.

Well thanks.

Offline wuhu_software

• Forecaster
    • WUHU Software Yahoo Group
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 11:14:00 PM »
Well that bites, doesn't make much sense but what can ya do right.

Well thanks.

You could always play a sound file from your PC software rather than using the console's alarm function.

Offline Anole

• Forecaster
    • http://pineislandweather.com
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 08:45:22 AM »
Or as any Dad in a car knows, masking tape is your friend and makes a quick and easier "volume" control.

Offline MesquiteWx

• Forecaster
    • Mesquite Weather
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 12:39:32 PM »
Duct tape would definitely be the Aggie way to go about it... :lol: Don't think I want to go to those extremes yet.

I could use the Alarm function on the computer but that could pose problems later on with other things I do. What software are you referring to? I use VWS and set up alarms in the past on there and couldn't get them to silence.

I was just wondering if their was a way to mute or turn down the volume so I didn't have to clear alarms when I am away and then set them up again when I come home. Is their maybe a way to turn the alarms off from sounding without clearing them? I didn't see anything in the manual about it.

Offline wuhu_software

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 02:14:29 PM »
Duct tape would definitely be the Aggie way to go about it... :lol: Don't think I want to go to those extremes yet.

I could use the Alarm function on the computer but that could pose problems later on with other things I do. What software are you referring to? I use VWS and set up alarms in the past on there and couldn't get them to silence.

I was just wondering if their was a way to mute or turn down the volume so I didn't have to clear alarms when I am away and then set them up again when I come home. Is their maybe a way to turn the alarms off from sounding without clearing them? I didn't see anything in the manual about it.

I do not run VWS so I cannot help you there.

The software that I have written has a simple check box to enable and disable the auidable alarms. It also allows you to specifiy a time windows for the auidable alarms so you are not hearing them in the middle of the night.

Offline MesquiteWx

• Forecaster
    • Mesquite Weather
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 02:40:13 PM »
Where can I try this out at? That might work if I run my PWS off a different computer.

Offline wuhu_software

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 03:38:46 PM »
Where can I try this out at? That might work if I run my PWS off a different computer.

Send me an email at wuhu_software at Yahoo.com and I will fire off a copy.