Author Topic: Can you guys help, Having issues with Weather Display  (Read 1614 times)

Offline stormchaser911

• Certified Advance SkyWarn spotter/ Strom Chaser
  • Contributor
    • NYUpstateWeather.com
Can you guys help, Having issues with Weather Display
« on: August 31, 2014, 04:23:49 PM »
Ok, Hello gang i got weather display not long ago offously. I read the instructions and im way confused. Why do you need to run weatherLink with Weatherdisplay, As this dosent make any sence. Also ive tried everything trying to pull my Data from my Davis Vantage pro 2. Im using weatherLink 5.9.3, i know how to get into the control panel of weather display and go thrue the set up and what have you. when i do that still it doent try to upload any thing. Any one ? im lost

Offline Beaudog

• Forecaster
Re: Can you guys help, Having issues with Weather Display
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 04:54:21 PM »
You do not need to run both in fact it won't work if you do.   You should use the same com ports in WD as you do in WL.

Read this. http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=23705.msg227944#msg227944

report back when you have the logger in serial mode or tell us what kind of logger you have.

In WD first go to  control panel   then  (station Type) setup the correct Davis station then go to (station settings) and select the correct com port. It should be the same one you use for WL.

Offline stormchaser911

• Contributor
    • NYUpstateWeather.com
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 05:12:30 PM »
Hello, I have a Davis Weather Uploader, or thats how it uploads from my Davis Vantage pro 2 to my USB to my computer to the internet. And the Com Port that i used in in WeatherLink was comport 3 wich i used in weatherDisplay, And WeatherLink is also Set to serial, Im not shure or what have you were i need to get the serial. I do believe i did find it several times but put it in but still no dice. If any one can throw me up some pics of Weather display on how to put in the serial number and or com port and to get this working it would be much apreshiated. Thanks so much. Steve

Offline Beaudog

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 05:22:38 PM »
You have got to use the correct terminology or we are all lost.  I think you are saying that you have a USB data logger.   Now read this agin assuming you read it the first time.

First and very important question. When you originally setup the logger did you set it up USB or serial mode?    It needs to be in serial mode to run any software except WL.          If you did not set it up in serial mode go to the WL directory >support>utilities and run the USB to serial converter.  See page 14, 15 of the WL instructions.

Now when you first loaded WL how did you setup the logger     serial or USB mode?????
Read the WL instructions.   If you did not set it up originally in serial mode   then you must now run the converter.    If you originally set it up in serial mode then my instructions above should work.

Offline stormchaser911

• Contributor
    • NYUpstateWeather.com
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 06:07:25 PM »
Ok here is what im showing, I have the com port set to 3 in weatherdisplay. Um siegh. im scratching my head what to do now.

Offline Beaudog

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 06:36:49 PM »
You have not answered the key question   When you ran WL for the very first time how did you set up the logger??????????   The very first time

Look at page 15 of the WL manual   look at the warnings box   what did you do??????

http://www.davisnet.com/product_documents/weather/manuals/07395-210_GSG_06510_6555.pdf

I am now going to assume you clicked the USB box.     That means that now you must go and run the converter. 

It will not work until you do that

WL directory >support>utilities and run the USB to serial converter

Offline stormchaser911

• Contributor
    • NYUpstateWeather.com
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 07:27:29 PM »
BeuDog Thank you for trying and helping me getting this going, The image on Page 15 however is not the one i have, As i have A USB cable that connects to a wire direct from my Davis Vantage Pro 2 and it connects directly to my commputers USB. I have a Model 6153 Davis Vantage pro 2, If that helps. Steve

Offline Beaudog

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 07:31:38 PM »
There is no image on page 15 of the WL instructions.It looks like this.

If you would just run the converter it would work  all USB data loggers are the same

Offline stormchaser911

• Contributor
    • NYUpstateWeather.com
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2014, 08:21:32 PM »
Ok i found Exactly what you are showing me and clicked ok and it daid it couldent find anything and moved it to USB. Im gunna giva uppp, Thank you fr the help, Steve

Offline Skywatch

• !!Warning!! I'm a Skywarn certified storm spotter and insane like one!
  • Forecaster
  • Hakuna Matata (Timon and Pumba)
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2014, 01:46:24 AM »
Went through this drama with my laptop when I initially set it up. In WeatherLink running you have the WL USB in serial mode on COM 3.

In the WeatherLink file look for something that says USB to serial converter. This opens a black window that will ask you to hit any key. Do this twice to convert and exit the converter module. Then use WeatherLink and test the connection. In serial mode and on COM port 3. Hit the test button and you should get the message saying "a Vantage station was found ". Then exit WeatherLink and open Weather Display. In the control panel where the icon with the COM port and IP settings hit COM port 3. Assuming you already have the station type settings configured in Weather Display. Then hit okay on the COM setting and control panel window. If the data doesn't immediately show exit Weather Display and relaunch it. Wait a few seconds and the data should start to stream.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 01:48:30 AM by Skywatch »
I live in an apartment and for the moment am not a home weather watcher.

I am a storm chaser.