Author Topic: New Lightning Detection Network  (Read 2194 times)

Offline abaum

New Lightning Detection Network
« on: August 13, 2015, 07:37:22 PM »
Hi all.

I work for a company that specializes in lightning detection. We're currently building a base network across the US, and we're looking for host sites. The sensor, installation and maintenance is totally covered by the company. The only cost to you is providing our sensor with electricity and internet. The box uses an equivalent amount of electricity to a lightbulb, and around the same internet usage as opening 6 or 7 webpages a day, so an extremely small amount cost-wise.

In return for you hosting our sensor, we provide completely free access to your local data, along with optional (free) text/email alerts when lightning occurs in your area. The lightning spot data is accurate to 250m, will differentiate between CG, CC etc., and provides emission height of cloud to cloud and intra-cloud strokes.

The sensor also must be at a business location, not just a private home. So if you own a business that is lightning sensitive, or think you'd have a use for the data, I'd love to hear from you!

We're interested in all locations, but do have a list of current target cities as follows:

Blythe, CA
San Francisco, CA
Pueblo, CO
Hilo, HI
Kalaoa, HI
Chicago, IL
Bangor, ME
Caribou, ME
Houlton, ME
Detroit, MI
Minneapolis, MN
Great Falls, MT
Gallup, NM
Syracuse, NY
Aberdeen, SD
Sioux Falls, SD
Nashville, TN
Houston, TX
Spokane, WA

Special interest will be given to anyone located within 30 miles of any of those cities.

We have a brochure that I would be happy to provide to anyone seriously interested. Please send me a PM if you would like to know more!

Thanks everyone.