Author Topic: Weatherlink Live  (Read 17564 times)

Offline bianconero57

• Contributor
    • Valdefensch@57
Re: Weatherlink Live
« Reply #200 on: June 09, 2019, 05:45:36 AM »
Hello
sorry  :oops: if this question has already been asked but I just noticed that the blue LED of my device is activated intermittently and several times in the day!
I had never paid attention (the device is upstairs) and the live is up to date !
good Sunday
Regards fto

Offline Chiky33

« Reply #201 on: June 12, 2019, 01:46:44 AM »
Hi,
I see the same thing for 1 day.
The blue led flashes intermittently for a few minutes each hour.
Yet everything works and I'm not connected live on it.
Could it be for updating the firmware?

Offline bianconero57

• Contributor
    • Valdefensch@57
« Reply #202 on: June 12, 2019, 02:52:16 AM »
hi it is a hypothesis to verify

then I found another "bug" in the interface of the App ...
let me explain: I associated the WLive device to my first VP2 + vs / Fars station (c.d. "primary"> Valdefensch) then others + 7 sensors of which another associated VP2 + wireless (MeteoLive)
what "strange" is that on the App. when I go to check the WLive panel, I find RAIN data "sballattisimi" where x every singular VP2 everything seems to be regular (see screnn allg.ti) ...
I think I didn't make a mistake in the various settings or I don't understand how WLive can count these rain data. ? ..... Reagrds  fto

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #203 on: June 12, 2019, 08:39:22 AM »
IF there are errors in the app, write Bruce Johnson at Davis about them.   I noticed that similarily the barometric trend is constant steady, although the graph says different.  Compared it to my weatherlink IP and it shows a variation. which matches the console.  Same with data to Globe.com  Some of the consoles will send the soil data to GLOBE and some wont It is a newer feather added to the firmware. Currently, the WeatherLink Live does not. Toward summer, I am expecting more features like this to make it into the full features.   Thanks and Best Regards,
Bruce Johnson
Technical Support Representative
(510) 732-7814 | M-F 7:00am to 5:30pm PT
support@davisinstruments.com"

Offline bianconero57

• Contributor
    • Valdefensch@57
« Reply #204 on: June 15, 2019, 03:15:51 AM »
the problem persists as you can see on the screnns
the huge discordance (RAIN) that the WLL returns to me on the mobile application (IOS / but also Android) still can not be explained when the "bug" is not present for example if we consider the station "primary" ? !!
and the dysfunction is still relevant if I consult for example my weeb-bulletin; the map and / or the summary here:
https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddablePage/show/fdb41f484e3749c0949254537f4e2b80/summary

good weekend and Regards  fto

Offline boss281

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #205 on: June 21, 2019, 07:04:43 AM »
I have had it putting up with the inaccurate information displayed in WeatherUnderground.  It's time to find another provider solution for desktop and phone app.

I have a Davis VP2 and push data to WU, CWOP and PWS using Cumulus on an older dedicated PC (that is dying).  My uses are simple: personal interest in instantaneous weather data anywhere, anytime, and looking at historical information and comparing with other time periods.  I want to be able to see this data in my web browser or android app.  Secondary are pushing my data to other sites but I'd rather not lose that capability.  I have never used the WeatherLink web functionality other than when I first set up to verify all was working.

The WLL looks like an easy device to setup and operate, and at this point I'm happy spending $4/month to display my data and push out to other providers at a reasonable rate.  That said, with that new setup will I get instantaneous (RapidFire or other) reports of wind temp, rain accumulation and rate, pressure, etc???

Thanks.  If someone has a good idea where to buy this at a discount, I'm all ears...
Weather Underground PWS KMDNEWWI3

Offline racer3

« Reply #206 on: June 21, 2019, 08:16:55 AM »
I have had it putting up with the inaccurate information displayed in WeatherUnderground.  It's time to find another provider solution for desktop and phone app.

I have a Davis VP2 and push data to WU, CWOP and PWS using Cumulus on an older dedicated PC (that is dying).  My uses are simple: personal interest in instantaneous weather data anywhere, anytime, and looking at historical information and comparing with other time periods.  I want to be able to see this data in my web browser or android app.  Secondary are pushing my data to other sites but I'd rather not lose that capability.  I have never used the WeatherLink web functionality other than when I first set up to verify all was working.

The WLL looks like an easy device to setup and operate, and at this point I'm happy spending $4/month to display my data and push out to other providers at a reasonable rate.  That said, with that new setup will I get instantaneous (RapidFire or other) reports of wind temp, rain accumulation and rate, pressure, etc???

Thanks.  If someone has a good idea where to buy this at a discount, I'm all ears...

I believe it is instant on WLL as long as your on the same network. if you are not I am not sure what the upload rate is? I'm sure someone here will know the answer.

Offline drew

• Shoals Weather
« Reply #207 on: June 23, 2019, 11:10:25 AM »

Rainmanweather and Scaled instruments have the best deal. Rainmanweather is a couple dollars cheaper with shipping for my address.

http://www.rainmanweather.com/6100-WeatherLink-Live
-Drew Richards

Offline boss281

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #208 on: June 23, 2019, 12:01:51 PM »

Rainmanweather and Scaled instruments have the best deal. Rainmanweather is a couple dollars cheaper with shipping for my address.

http://www.rainmanweather.com/6100-WeatherLink-Live

Thank you!
Weather Underground PWS KMDNEWWI3

Offline bianconero57

• Contributor
    • Valdefensch@57
« Reply #209 on: July 08, 2019, 05:14:50 AM »
 #-o hello
how does WWlive display the RAIN reports on the mobile application (IOS)  if for example 2 ISS stations are declared as [transmitting station(s)] ?
 :?:
in my case, i continue to have problems of data inconsistencies concern, the total RAIN day /month/annual in "live" mode
would he have been confronted also with this kind of hardware "bug"
thnx in advance
Regards