Author Topic: Meteobridge and WeatherFlow  (Read 1445 times)

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Meteobridge and WeatherFlow
« on: August 14, 2018, 02:30:07 PM »
I noticed that Meteobridge supports uploading to the WeatherFlow network. The Meteobridge asks for an ID and Password for the WeatherFlow network. I don't have a WeatherFlow hadware. But I want to check out the WeatherFlow network with my station data and play with their graphs and such. But I can't seem a way to add a station ID to the WeatherFlow cloud network without a serial number. The only way I found to add a station is with the mobile app and it asks for a serial number.

So my questions are...Why does Meteobridge have support for WeatherFlow? When would you need this? If you are a WeatherFlow hardware station owner then your station hardware would connect directly to the WeatherFlow cloud network. So in what scenario would a WeatherFlow customer ever need a Meteobridge with the ability to connect to the WeatherFlow cloud network? I'm not asking what other uses a WeatherFlow hardware owner would have with a Meteobridge ...as that is obvious...they would be able to connect to various other networks.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 09:58:39 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Online wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
Re: Meteobridge and WeatherFlow
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 02:51:24 PM »
I noticed that Meteobridge supports uploading to the WeatherFlow network. The Meteobridge asks for an ID and Password for the WeatherFlow network. I don't have a WeatherFlow hadware. But I want to check it out and play with their graphs and such. But I can't seem a way to add a station ID to the WeatherFlow cloud network without a serial number. The only way I found to add a station is with the mobile app and it asks for a serial number.

So my questions are...Why does Meteobridge have support for WeatherFlow? When would you need this? If you are a WeatherFlow hardware station owner then your station hardware would connect directly to the WeatherFlow cloud network. So in what scenario would a WeatherFlow customer ever need a Meteobridge with the ability to connect to the WeatherFlow cloud network? I'm not asking what other uses a WeatherFlow hardware owner would have with a Meteobridge ...as that is obvious...they would be able to connect to various other networks.
As you already mentioned, for instance when you want to use a Saratoga- Leuven- or Meteo-Template to have your own website a MB would be used.

In a default setting the Meteobridge listens to your WeatherFlow and uses all broadcasted information  to do all its work as a weather-program. Same functionality as with a Davis weather-station or any other weather-station the MB supports.  Default it will not block anything so your Weather-Flow continues to do  its own upload to the WeatherFlow server.

AFAIK, the settings for the ID of the Weather-Flow are only used when you want the MB to block the WeatherFlow and let the MB do the uploads. Maybe when you want to make some corrections on the measured values? The UV values are way twice what they should. As are the rain measurements.
Or when you want to restrict the uploads to 1 per  5 minutes.
There is also a choice  for a WeatherFlow in the MB: "unlink the sensors".

I add  the LiveData tab from a MB listening to a WeatherFlow station.

Wim

« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 03:03:48 PM by wvdkuil »

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 10:08:06 PM »
Hmmmm....okay.  So to maybe to block the upload and change the data and view the Live Data tab. I suppose those are good enough reasons.

But too bad I can't make use of it with my station hardware to upload to WeatherFlow cloud network.

Maybe I can pickup a used WeatherFlow on eBay cheap in a few months.  :lol:
It doesn't need to work, so a broken one would be perfect. All I need is a serial number. I don't actually need the hardware.

But now that I think of it maybe it won't work even if I was able to create a WeatherFlow station ID. Because my hardware doesn't have lighting data to send or maybe something else is not compatible. So maybe it will be rejected. I guess this is just something to tinker with in the future. Or maybe someone with more than one station hardware (one of them being a WeatherFlow) could do some testing and see if WeatherFlow network will accept data from different hardware.

Thank you for the insight and discussion.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 10:12:58 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline arrowspace90

• Forecaster
  • Vantage Pro II, tripod mount, 30 feet elevation
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 12:24:07 PM »
If I upload my Weatheflow data to MB, will it keep it separated from my VPII data that it is currently handling?

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 04:57:43 PM »
If I upload my Weatheflow data to MB, will it keep it separated from my VPII data that it is currently handling?

MB will handle 1 weather station system (such as Davis or WeatherFlow or many other options) to multiple upload sites, not concurrent multiple weather stations