Author Topic: Wunderground with 968, which software channel swap  (Read 3553 times)

Offline quasarba

Wunderground with 968, which software channel swap
« on: June 24, 2009, 12:10:07 PM »
I want a software that I can swap channel 0 and 1 and send to Wunderground. I am assuming I need the internet or live version of both Virtual weather or Weather display. Will both of them swap the channels and do I need the most expensive version of each to send to Wunderground(rapid fire). Is there an advantage to either one? cost?

I am currently using WX-free and its fine, but I need something else for rapid fire and swapping the channels. I want to get the other sensor for better humidty readings and swap to be able to see on Wunderground as the actual temp and humidity instead of channel 0 from the current sensor(thgr968). Will all of this work or should I stay with what I have and bad humidity and sometimes low temp readings? Thanks for any input.

Offline sam2004gp

• Mount Crawford, Virginia
  • Forecaster
  • Weeeeeeeee!!!!
    • Mount Crawford Weather, VA
Re: Wunderground with 968, which software channel swap
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 12:21:08 PM »
For VWS only the Internet (Expensive) Version is the proper version that will swap channels and upload to Wunderground both.

Sorry I don't know much about WD though, someone will chime in here soon.
SAM --->>> http://www.mountcrawfordweather.org
OS WMR-968 with a Dedicated PWS Weather Computer running VWS v13.01 p09

Offline Downlinerz2

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 02:49:06 PM »
   I am going to take a chance and reply here.  While I don't yet have a web site, I also ordered the OSTHGR122NX to obtain more accurate readings of humidity.
For a long while I had to do without dewpoint and other data since I was not using channel 0.  I found out on this forum that you can change so that VWS uses channel 1 instead.  Go to "Settings"----then "Advanced Parameter Settings"---check the box "use channel 1 for temp/hum".   I  don't know if this is what you are looking for or not. Since you are farther along than me you probably already know this :oops: #-o, but I thought I would put it in the mix anyway.  Good Luck!!!
MG

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
    • West Coast Road Weather Data
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 03:09:39 PM »
you can also swap which sensor to use for main temp/hum in WD as well
Brian
info@weather-display.com
http://www.weather-display.com

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 03:13:11 PM »
I want a software that I can swap channel 0 and 1 and send to Wunderground. I am assuming I need the internet or live version of both Virtual weather or Weather display. Will both of them swap the channels and do I need the most expensive version of each to send to Wunderground(rapid fire). Is there an advantage to either one? cost?

I am currently using WX-free and its fine, but I need something else for rapid fire and swapping the channels. I want to get the other sensor for better humidty readings and swap to be able to see on Wunderground as the actual temp and humidity instead of channel 0 from the current sensor(thgr968). Will all of this work or should I stay with what I have and bad humidity and sometimes low temp readings? Thanks for any input.

You should try WUHU software.  It's what I use, and I have the 122 sensor on channel 1 and it works great.  Also, it's free and the software author visits this forum.

WUHU
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 03:45:22 PM by Slow Modem »
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
    • West Coast Road Weather Data
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 04:17:50 PM »
and the software author visits this forum.

same for WD too
Brian
info@weather-display.com
http://www.weather-display.com

Offline quasarba

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 05:17:39 PM »

You should try WUHU software.  It's what I use, and I have the 122 sensor on channel 1 and it works great.  Also, it's free and the software author visits this forum.

WUHU

Will it send the channel 1 to main temp/humidity?
If so does it send it this way to Wunderground? Rapid fire?

Thanks

Offline SlowModem

• Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 06:33:57 PM »

Thanks

Yes and yes.

You can see mine here:

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KTNEUCHE3
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline quasarba

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 10:43:41 PM »

Thanks

Yes and yes.

You can see mine here:

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KTNEUCHE3

Thats great, how do you get it to be rapid fire when Wunderground only lists VWS and WD to be rapid fire? And there is an option to swap channel 0 and 1? Thanks

Offline SlowModem

• Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 11:21:50 PM »
Thats great, how do you get it to be rapid fire when Wunderground only lists VWS and WD to be rapid fire? And there is an option to swap channel 0 and 1? Thanks

Well, there's a check box for rapidfire.  You have to go into the ini file and add a line for it to read channel 1.  I'm at work so I don't have the exact wording for the ini file.  If you go to that group page, you can download the software there and there is instructions for changing the ini file there as well.
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline sam2004gp

• Mount Crawford, Virginia
  • Forecaster
  • Weeeeeeeee!!!!
    • Mount Crawford Weather, VA
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2009, 07:03:52 AM »

Well, there's a check box for rapidfire.  You have to go into the ini file and add a line for it to read channel 1.  I'm at work so I don't have the exact wording for the ini file.  If you go to that group page, you can download the software there and there is instructions for changing the ini file there as well.

I don't have the software, but that just sounds like a really cool "user fix".  You learn something new on wxforum.net each day.  :grin:
SAM --->>> http://www.mountcrawfordweather.org
OS WMR-968 with a Dedicated PWS Weather Computer running VWS v13.01 p09

Offline quasarba

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 04:37:50 PM »
Can I run the WUHU at the same time with my Free WX-Wi or do I need to unload it? Run the virtual progam? Or is it something that is made to run in addition to and mainly for uploading to Wunderground?

Offline SlowModem

• Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 05:11:57 PM »
Can I run the WUHU at the same time with my Free WX-Wi or do I need to unload it? Run the virtual progam? Or is it something that is made to run in addition to and mainly for uploading to Wunderground?

I used FreeWX-WI until my RH sensor died and I got the 122 sensor that transmits on Channel 1.  I couldn't get a fix for the FreeWx to use the Channel 1 data, so I swapped to WUHU.  It works fine for me.  I don't have a web page or anything, I just send to WU and CWOP and Weatherforyou.   I also run another instance of WUHU for my Lacrosse WS-2315 station.

There are fancy programs out there if you are trying to do  a bunch of stuff.  But if all you want to do is send data to WU and CWOP, WHUH is a great program.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 05:21:07 PM by Slow Modem »
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline quasarba

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2009, 09:30:16 PM »

I used FreeWX-WI until my RH sensor died and I got the 122 sensor that transmits on Channel 1.  I couldn't get a fix for the FreeWx to use the Channel 1 data, so I swapped to WUHU.  It works fine for me.  I don't have a web page or anything, I just send to WU and CWOP and Weatherforyou.   I also run another instance of WUHU for my Lacrosse WS-2315 station.

There are fancy programs out there if you are trying to do  a bunch of stuff.  But if all you want to do is send data to WU and CWOP, WHUH is a great program.

Ok, got the new sensor today, installed WUHU, rapid fire working. Also got the swap to work! Thanks for the tip.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 11:34:56 PM by quasarba »

anything