Author Topic: WMR112A solar clock time zone incorrect  (Read 3616 times)

Offline quasarba

WMR112A solar clock time zone incorrect
« on: March 16, 2010, 10:07:08 AM »
Why would it automatically synch to pacific time zone when I am in central time zone? Its always two hours behind.

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
Re: WMR112A solar clock time zone incorrect
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 12:57:30 AM »
Maybe the default out of the box setting is the Pacific time zone and you need to reprogram it to Central?   :-k
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

Offline quasarba

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 09:46:27 AM »
Maybe the default out of the box setting is the Pacific time zone and you need to reprogram it to Central?   :-k

There is no way to reprogram that I can find or see in the manual.

Offline Scalphunter

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 02:25:49 PM »
I looked your  station  manual up on the web and on PAGE 3 it tells you how to set  the clock up. Are you getting an strong enough signal to update it. WWV is at times weak due to atomspherics.  Try setting the clock to your time zone  first then  turn the atomic clock on and see what it dos after couple days of operation at  manual mode

Offline quasarba

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 04:55:12 PM »
I looked your  station  manual up on the web and on PAGE 3 it tells you how to set  the clock up. Are you getting an strong enough signal to update it. WWV is at times weak due to atomspherics.  Try setting the clock to your time zone  first then  turn the atomic clock on and see what it dos after couple days of operation at  manual mode

Unfortunetly I have tried, set to correct local time, but the next day it read the atomic clock and went back to pacific time when it received a good signal. I believe I can set it, turn the atomic clock off, but that defeats the purpose and won't be accurate after a while.

Offline Tenez

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 12:31:36 PM »
Do you have like we have in the European version a tiny manual switch where the 4 batteries are? We have the EU or UK option there. According to manual you have "manual" time zone switches.