Author Topic: Weather data access by NWS and others  (Read 1278 times)

Offline DRoberts

• Forecaster
Re: Weather data access by NWS and others
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2018, 07:36:00 PM »
Simplest and about 1/2 cost of Meteobrige Pro.

Davis 6510USB +  Meteobridge.

The Meteobridge will feed the services that he is wanting now and if (when ?) he wants to add other services, build a web page or add camera, the Meteobridge will allow as many as needed.

Would work.  A bit more complex, and perhaps a bit more expensive, than the WiFiLogger.  But more "Davislike".

For the price of the wifi logger, there arent many solutions to get data to the web cheaper without running a computer 24/7.  Ryan has them for $139.  So all you need is the VP2 (model of your choice) and the console or envoy, and boom, you're uploading easily.  A couple kinks in th firmware of course, but I have 100% those will be worked out.  The owner of wifilogger is very responsive and helpful.
Looking both of these, but the WiFiLogger will be a special focus. Need to do the research; i.e., the tech person who shares my name is doing some research. Then we can decide what is next.

Thanks

Offline DRoberts

• Forecaster
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2018, 07:38:47 PM »
Thanks to everyone who has contributed. This is not over yet! Decision time will follow more research.

Take care, everyone.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2018, 08:27:33 PM »
You take care also...And happy Fathers day DRoberts.
Randy

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2018, 09:33:02 PM »
Thanks to everyone who has contributed. This is not over yet! Decision time will follow more research.

Take care, everyone.

Please keep us informed. 

Offline VE7FQN

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2018, 02:24:46 AM »
When I am in Arizona, off grid I use a sprint usb 4g modem and directional antenna for my internet. I get a very good and consistent signal. Everything runs on solar and deep cycle batteries.

anything