Author Topic: Envoy and time  (Read 1234 times)

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
Envoy and time
« on: May 15, 2009, 09:58:39 AM »
Strange thing happening to me. My Envoy (I do not have a console) is roughly an hour off. I am running Virtual VP with WL and VWs. I try to set the time from VWS and wait until the top of the hour and nothing happens. So I shut down VWS and used WL and still no go. So I pulled the batteries and the power brick and let the Envoy sit for about a minute and I still cannot set the time. Anyone heard of this ? Next stop will be Davis when I get a chance later today.

Offline mmorris

• Forecaster
  • Hope your day is full of sunshine
    • Weather and Racin
Re: Envoy and time
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 06:59:27 PM »
So did you try and shut down Virtual VP and just run WL to set the time?  I know you cant set alarms when running through Virtual VP maybe you can't set the time either don't know for sure as I can't remember trying it myself. Just something to try.
>>Miles<<  By from Portage Lakes, OH.
Been using VWS since 1996 Ver# 14.01P43
Wireless Vantage Pro2Plus Serial Data Logger, Anemo Tran Kit
Win XP, Firefox, WXSIM, Cumulus, NexStorm, Yawcam, VVP, BadBlue Web server, Quake Catcher Net
Follow me on twitter
Vietnam era Veteran USAF bb loader
Quadruple Bypass survivor

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
Re: Envoy and time
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 09:28:07 PM »
It finally dawned on me that maybe through VVPro you cant set date and time. So I shut down VWS and VVPro and changed the port number in WL to com1 to talk to the Envoy directly. I was able to set the time. Changed WL back to its port (com8) and started everything back up and everything is working. Didn't think that VVPro was not able to pass this communication through. Now everything is back on track. This is something to keep in mind here. Maybe even pass it on to the VVPro author.

anything