Author Topic: Meteotemplate - new free website template  (Read 630918 times)

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Re: Meteotemplate - new free website template
« Reply #3925 on: August 31, 2016, 03:24:18 PM »
Great

Offline vreihen

• El Nińo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #3926 on: August 31, 2016, 05:52:48 PM »
And just curious... why do you deny this?

It seems like millenial's political correctness run amok again, changing the definition of planet to exclude Pluto because some kid missed the question on his already watered-down science test.

Back in the early 1970's (when man was still walking on the moon and slide rules ruled the engineering scene), there used to be a book publisher that gave catalogs out to kids in our public schools.  The most expensive book in that catalog cost $1.00, and was titled "Answers about the Moon, Stars, and Planets."

https://www.amazon.com/Answers-about-moon-stars-planets/dp/B0006CPCZK/

Although you can laugh about the $1.00 price and it being the most expensive book in the catalog, keep in mind that this 6-year-old paid for it out of his own pocket and cherished every single page/picture as fact.  If it said that Pluto was a planet, then Pluto was a planet...and anyone who denies this is f'in Goofy in my $1.00 book!!!!!  :roll:
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 05:54:35 PM by vreihen »
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #3927 on: August 31, 2016, 06:18:44 PM »
The problem is that we later discovered that there are many "planets" like Pluto and some even bigger so it was easier to label Pluto as no longer a planet than adding many new planets to the list. They were just like Pluto so you would have to add them too.

Offline jeffm5690

• Forecaster
    • Long Island New York Weather
« Reply #3928 on: August 31, 2016, 08:09:38 PM »
OK, try this,

change the extension to just solarsystem.txt

Then in index.php on line 1780 also change solarsystem.json to solarsystem.txt.

Maybe this will help

So interestingly enough - it didn't work for me and then I used another browser and it worked fine.  For some reason the animation does not work in Safari :(

Jeff

Offline tstorm

• Contributor
    • Harpers Ferry Weather
« Reply #3929 on: August 31, 2016, 08:26:36 PM »
The animation for the Solar System doesn't work for me with FF.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #3930 on: August 31, 2016, 08:28:53 PM »
Yes that is possible,  I don't know about macs,  I usually test chrome,  my primary browser,  then ff and opera,  ie also only runs on windows and edge even just win 10. And ie always causes problems

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #3931 on: August 31, 2016, 08:29:36 PM »

Strange

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #3932 on: September 01, 2016, 05:15:54 AM »

If you have problems viewing this in FF then please try re-downloading the script, I made some changes in the styling.

Offline vreihen

• El Nińo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #3933 on: September 01, 2016, 06:48:16 AM »
The problem is that we later discovered that there are many "planets" like Pluto and some even bigger so it was easier to label Pluto as no longer a planet than adding many new planets to the list. They were just like Pluto so you would have to add them too.

Fine.  We could always use *more* planets!

I stood around silently when the heliocentric folks spread their heresy to us geocentric believers that the universe revolved around the sun and not the Earth.  I bit my tongue when the "ball Earth" folks re-wrote our textbooks because Columbus didn't sail off the edge of the world or get eaten by sea monsters.  However, I'm drawing the line in the sand on Pluto still being a planet.....  :lol:
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #3934 on: September 01, 2016, 07:14:29 AM »
I see your point, however, since I really pay attention to accuracy and I want my template to be accurate, I only have two options:

1. leave it as it is - i.e. only include "planets"
2. include Pluto, which is a dwarf planet, but in this case as I said I would have to also include the other dwarf planets, which are sometimes even bigger than Pluto. Basically, the only reason why Pluto was labeled as a planet was because we discovered it early, but it is no different from the other dwarf planets.

Now, you are suggesting I should go with option 2. The problem with that is purely time...

Here is a list of those:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_possible_dwarf_planets

And I really don´t feel like adding 200 additional space objects :D

If you send me a file that contains all the info in arrays, all the data about all the dwarf planets we currently know, which I would only have to easily add to the current plugin, then I will make that option possible for the user to choose if they want to include those as well
 :-P

Offline nitrx

• Senior Contributor
    • Apeldoorn-Oost The Netherlands
« Reply #3935 on: September 01, 2016, 07:17:55 AM »
Please don't add Pluto as a planet because it isn't  :grin:
Ron
Cumulus software
Apeldoorn NL
http://www.apeldoornmeteo.nl

several languages

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #3936 on: September 01, 2016, 07:44:41 AM »
Yes thats what I was suggesting too.

The only thing that makes Pluto special is that it was discovered earlier, that was the only reason why it is a "special" dwarf planet, but there are other dwarf planets, which are even bigger and heavier than Pluto and theoretically therefore are even more "a planet" than Pluto.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Meteotemplate - plugin update - Diary 3.0
« Reply #3937 on: September 01, 2016, 07:46:41 AM »
Plugin update - Diary 3.0

Hi guys,

I updated the Diary plugin. There is now a new feature, in fact a whole new concept that I have never used before, but probably will be using more often in the future.

As you know, I have always said that all plugins and blocks will work independently, in other words, you can use any combination. Now, this is something that will definitely not change. However, this plugin update introduces a new concept, where the plugins are in fact connected, but it is not a requirement to have the other one.

Best explained using this particular example.

In this updated Diary plugin, the plugin also checks if you have the Snow plugin installed. If not, then it simply ignores it and works perfectly fine. If, however, it detects you do have snow data in your database and you do have this plugin correctly installed, it will load the settings for that plugin too (units, decimal places etc) and it will load the data from the “snow” table. Then, in the diary, those days for which you did enter some amount of snow, it will show this next to the precipitation icon.

I hope this will make the plugin again a bit more sophisticated and I am likely to use this sort of interconnecting in the future as well.

Enjoy

DEMO: http://www.meteotemplate.com/template/plugins/diary/diaryIndex.php

Note: I do not use this plugin myself, but it is installed in the Demo and there are some dummy snow data just to show you how it works. So if you want to see what it looks like, choose year 2013 and look at November.

Offline nitrx

• Senior Contributor
    • Apeldoorn-Oost The Netherlands
« Reply #3938 on: September 01, 2016, 08:26:55 AM »

The only thing that makes Pluto special is that it was discovered earlier, that was the only reason why it is a "special" dwarf planet, but there are other dwarf planets, which are even bigger and heavier than Pluto and theoretically therefore are even more "a planet" than Pluto.

Indeed I know this futhermore Pluto doesn't approve all 3 major conditions  to be a planet
Ron
Cumulus software
Apeldoorn NL
http://www.apeldoornmeteo.nl

several languages

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Meteotemplate - major plugin update - Climate U.S. 2.0
« Reply #3939 on: September 01, 2016, 09:24:11 AM »
Plugin update - Climate U.S.

Hi guys,

a major update to the Climate U.S. plugin.

This update adds new quite interesting climate maps. Tables and data text files are nice, but I think it is much better to actually be able to see the data in an easier way by putting them on a map, coloring them based on the value and also including a table which can be sorted. I took many statistics of the U.S. climate and for each city/place I found the right coordinates and placed it on a map.

This way I got dozens of interesting maps. Interested to know which cities have the most thunderstorms? Which cities have on average the lowest humidity in the morning? What are the absolute highs and lows of tens of major US cities? What about the number of clear days, number of hurricanes since 1900 in various cities, temperatures in the summer, winter etc etc. If you answered yes then you are going to like this update and you will actually be able to find out much more.

Maps included:

1. Extreme Weather

- coldest: absolute coldest places, average coldest places, most often freezing, coldest major cities (absolute), coldest major cities (average), major cities lowest normal daily mean for summer and winter, lowest normal daily min/max for summer and winter, major cities with most freezing days, major cities record lows

- warmest: absolute warmest places, average warmest places, most 100-degree places, warmest major cities – average, number of days >50, warmest cities – highest daily max, normal daily mean, max, min and same for winter and summer separate, major cities record highs

- precipitation: driest major cities, cities with most dry days, driest places, wettest places, places with most days with precipitation, wettest major cities, major cities with most rainy days

- snow: places with most snow on one day, heaviest yearly snowfall, most days with fresh snow, highest snowfall in one year

- sun: sunniest places, most clear days, sunniest places in winter, most clear days in winter

- clouds: most days with heavy cloud, cloudiest places, most cloudy days, major cities with most partially cloudy days, cloudiest places in winter, most partially cloudy in winter, major cities – most cloudy in winter, major cities – most cloudy days in winter, major cities – most partial cloudy days in winter

- storms: major cities – most rainstorms, most snowstorms, most thunderstorms, most hurricanes, least rainstorms, least thunderstorms

- wind: windiest major cities

- humidity: major cities – lowest humidity, lowest morning humidity, lowest afternoon humidity, highest humidity, highest morning humidity, highest afternoon humidity

2. Averages for major US cities

- temperature – highs, lows
- annual precipitation
- snow – annual amount, days with snow
- sun – annual sunshine hours, average number of clear days
- days with fog
- humidity – average, morning, afternoon
- wind speed average

The units should convert automatically based on your settings.

Please note: as I mentioned, I had to find all the coordinates and values so it is quite possible I could make a mistake somewhere, in which case just let me know and I will fix it.

Hope you enjoy it

DEMO: http://www.meteotemplate.com/template/plugins/climateUS/statistics.php
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 11:30:48 AM by Jáchym »

Offline juppie

« Reply #3940 on: September 01, 2016, 02:43:30 PM »
Hello Jachym

This will not work like this, I mean it probably can work, but not using the script you are currently using.

You would need a customized script for that and so you have to tell me where you get the data that you want to display. What you posted is just a link to a page that already shows the data, but where does it come from.

The source for weather information you can find here:
http://www.eusotec.de/data/eusoport/deb883749/actData.txt

The "actData.txt" every 10 sec updated.

The text line is structured as follows:
           date
      time (Time is in UTC format)
   1 Pressure
   2 Indoor temperature
   3 Indoor humidity
   4 Temperature (outdoor)
   5 Wind gust
   6 Wind speed
   7 Wind Direction Degress
   etc.
   15 soil temperature
   23 humidity (outdoor)
   31 Rain Last Minute
   33 Solar Radiation
   42 soil moisture
   46 leaf wetness

Greeting juppie

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #3941 on: September 01, 2016, 03:34:39 PM »
OK so its a text file, now depending on what exactly you need just load that file in PHP and then extract the variables you want, probably best using the blank block as a template.

Offline juppie

« Reply #3942 on: September 01, 2016, 04:14:36 PM »
Thanks for the quick response

OK so its a text file, now depending on what exactly you need just load that file in PHP and then extract the variables you want, probably best using the blank block as a template.

I would be grateful if you would write to me the appropriate code.
Just as the block: Indoor conditions and Soil Parameters

juppie

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #3943 on: September 01, 2016, 04:34:59 PM »
Hi,
I dont think the field numbers you specified are correct, because for example just date and time are 0 and 1, so the other ones do not correspond, pressure cannot be 1 etc.

The indoor and soil temperature are not the same blocks

Offline juppie

« Reply #3944 on: September 01, 2016, 05:03:19 PM »
Hi,
I dont think the field numbers you specified are correct, because for example just date and time are 0 and 1, so the other ones do not correspond, pressure cannot be 1 etc.

The indoor and soil temperature are not the same blocks

Yes true Jachym

0 date
   1 time (UTC Format)
   2 Pressure
   3 Indoor temperature
   4 Indoor humidity
   5 Temperature (outdoor)
   6 Wind gust
   7 Wind speed
   8 Wind Direction Degress
   etc.
   16 soil temperature
   24 humidity (outdoor)
   32 Rain Last Minute
   34 Solar Radiation
   43 soil moisture
   47 leaf wetness

juppie

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #3945 on: September 01, 2016, 05:08:53 PM »
OK but I still dont quite understand why you included wind gust etc., those are not included in the indoor or soil temp blocks... sorry, Im just confused, Im not sure what it is you want :D

Offline juppie

« Reply #3946 on: September 01, 2016, 05:25:16 PM »
OK but I still dont quite understand why you included wind gust etc., those are not included in the indoor or soil temp blocks... sorry, Im just confused, Im not sure what it is you want :D

Excuse the confusion of, I want the blocks Indoor conditions and Soil Parameters to work with me.

0 date
   1 time
   3 Indoor temperature
   4 Indoor humidity
   und so weiter
   16 soil temperature
   43 soil moisture
   47 leaf wetness

juppie

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #3947 on: September 01, 2016, 05:29:52 PM »
OK, now you will have to give me some time for this, because I will have to basically rewrite lot of stuff in the code

Offline juppie

« Reply #3948 on: September 01, 2016, 05:36:34 PM »
OK, now you will have to give me some time for this, because I will have to basically rewrite lot of stuff in the code

Yes, ever thank you for the effort
 :-)
Gruss Juppi

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #3949 on: September 01, 2016, 07:00:05 PM »
I will try sometime this week or weekend