Author Topic: Dashes Out on Davis Vantage pro 2  (Read 1075 times)

Offline RayattheSea

Dashes Out on Davis Vantage pro 2
« on: February 02, 2016, 02:42:46 AM »
Hi,

I read recently in an early group that dashing out could be caused by a baby alarm.  Can't comment on that but it did lead me to check what I was using.  I measure usage of electricity using a type of Smart Meter which works wirelessly.  It is an Efergy Elete.  I used to download the info from the device and leave near the Vantage Pro 2, but not every day.  Since reading the earlier correspondance I no longer take it any were near the vantage Console and all the intermitant problems have gone.  Food for thought and hoping it will not come back!!!
Bye

Raymond
Ray at the Sea

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Re: Dashes Out on Davis Vantage pro 2
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 09:30:09 AM »
I use a SmartMeter as well as a Rainforest Automation Eagle for data capture.  It sits right beside my Davis console - no issues whatsoever.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline RayattheSea

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 12:58:26 PM »
Thanks, interesting which type do you have?
Ray at the Sea

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 01:04:48 PM »
Thanks, interesting which type do you have?

Of course, you are in England and Bushman is in B.C.

And you haven't mentioned what Davis model you have (i.e., whether it is using EU frequencies).

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 04:01:34 PM »
Efergy Elite uses 433 mHz.  My RFA Eagle reads the actualy smart electric meter which transmits over a Zigbee mesh at 2.4
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

anything