Author Topic: WEATHER34 TEMPLATE with meteobridge options  (Read 87150 times)

Offline alexeysailman

• MORSKAYA10 WEATHER STATION
Re: WEATHER34 TEMPLATE with meteobridge options
« Reply #625 on: June 12, 2019, 01:45:06 PM »
Hello venerable lightmaster!
I want to offer my help in localization of template into Russian.

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #626 on: June 13, 2019, 08:12:38 PM »
If anyone has a Meteobridge Pro or Meteobridge Nano SD, I'd highly recommend you check your almanacs and make sure they don't look like the attached screenshot, with basically all timestamps showing near midnight.

If you see this, it's due to a bug in your Pro or Nano SD and has already been fixed in a recent firmware update. So if you do see all your almanac timestamps saying midnight, make sure you reboot your Pro or Nano SD so it can download the latest firmware. If you continue to see it after a reboot as I did, go to your MB's History tab and click the "reconstruct button". This button is just Bellow the date selectors in about the middle of the page.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline 2thepoint

• NJ WeatherCat
« Reply #627 on: June 15, 2019, 01:35:19 PM »
My template crashed sometime yesterday. The only change to the environment was the replacement of my WeatherFlow Air unit......MB is not  updating mbridge/MBrealtimeupload.txt as scheduled and sometimes not at all.  Temp, barometer, etc are kaput.

My hosting company just updated their servers to PHP 7.1  -  Could that be the cause??  What version of PHP is the most recent release of W34 written in??

thanks much!!

Phil

GW1000
HP2551
GW2000
WS90
WH41B
Meteobridge/RPi4

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
    • https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation
« Reply #628 on: June 15, 2019, 04:20:58 PM »
hello

what you find sometimes when a host does a php upgrade some php modules are disabled and not re enabled . last known version of php i worked on was php 7.3.6  release thats almost three years on from 7.1 release

Offline 2thepoint

• NJ WeatherCat
« Reply #629 on: June 15, 2019, 04:30:31 PM »
Thanks Brian.........the problem evolved from replacing a bad WeatherFlow Air unit.  Even though I removed it from config and added the new unit, MB kept looking for data from the old Air.  LightMaster, aka William spent quite some time unraveling the puzzle!!  kudos to him

Hope all's well with you.........stay healthy!!

Phil A.

GW1000
HP2551
GW2000
WS90
WH41B
Meteobridge/RPi4

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #630 on: June 15, 2019, 06:15:15 PM »
Posting this here in case anyone else has to replace a WeatherFlow sensor. To work with HWS, your main sensors have to be the "main" sensors in MB, aka the th0temp, not th1temp.

Quote from: Lightmaster
Alright, when you need to replace a WF sensor like this, you have to pull the batteries on any extra sensors. Then under MB stations tab, hit unlink and then save

Once main sensors are recognized by MB as the 0 sensors (th0temp, etc), then start adding back extra stations one at a time

So if you have 3 temp sensors, main (th0temp) first, then the first extra (th1temp), once it's recognized, then the next (th2temp)

Offline eliteharbinger

• Dundreich Weather
« Reply #631 on: June 16, 2019, 08:09:55 AM »
Hi all,

I have been using Meteobridge and Weather34 Template with my Vantage Vue since January 2019 without any issues.

Now I find that my website isnt being updated with the latest weather, The meteobridge is updating the likes of Wunderground etc ok, the message am getting is 'Error: Home Weather Station: failed: Operation timed out.' However other than template updates and meteobridge updates nothing has changed. 

Am at a loss of what to check and where to be honest other than the settings outlined in the installation guides.

Can anyone throw any light on what I should be checking and where please ?

MB-UB40-RRW  MB TP-Link MR3020-(3.9-12779)   Davis Vantage Vue

Platform:   TL-MR3020V3   (no USB hub)
RAM:   60592 kB total, 18504 kB free (69% used)
SW Version:   Meteobridge 4.0 (Jun 16 2019, build 2161), FW 1.3

Many thanks

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #632 on: June 16, 2019, 02:16:19 PM »
Hi all,

I have been using Meteobridge and Weather34 Template with my Vantage Vue since January 2019 without any issues.

Now I find that my website isnt being updated with the latest weather, The meteobridge is updating the likes of Wunderground etc ok, the message am getting is 'Error: Home Weather Station: failed: Operation timed out.' However other than template updates and meteobridge updates nothing has changed. 

Am at a loss of what to check and where to be honest other than the settings outlined in the installation guides.

Can anyone throw any light on what I should be checking and where please ?

MB-UB40-RRW  MB TP-Link MR3020-(3.9-12779)   Davis Vantage Vue

Platform:   TL-MR3020V3   (no USB hub)
RAM:   60592 kB total, 18504 kB free (69% used)
SW Version:   Meteobridge 4.0 (Jun 16 2019, build 2161), FW 1.3

Many thanks

Can you email me your MB remote url and a temporary password to it?

Offline eliteharbinger

• Dundreich Weather
« Reply #633 on: June 17, 2019, 05:07:02 AM »
Hi lightmaster,

Many thanks for the response, email sent.

Cheers

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #634 on: June 18, 2019, 09:48:04 PM »
I'm planning to add some predefined links to the menu that will have settings to customize them to point at other sites you upload data to, like WU (queue the booing, lol), CWOP, PWS Weather, etc. Any requests for links to add?

And yes, all these links will default to not showing so if you don't want them, you don't have to have them.

Offline gand

• Lynghuzed
« Reply #635 on: June 18, 2019, 11:33:34 PM »
I'm planning to add some predefined links to the menu that will have settings to customize them to point at other sites you upload data to, like WU (queue the booing, lol), CWOP, PWS Weather, etc. Any requests for links to add?

And yes, all these links will default to not showing so if you don't want them, you don't have to have them.

Hi

Good idea, I'll suggest:

Awekas: https://www.awekas.at
Weathercloud: https://app.weathercloud.net
Met Office: http://wow.metoffice.gov.uk

gand

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #636 on: June 18, 2019, 11:54:23 PM »

Hi

Good idea, I'll suggest:

Awekas: https://www.awekas.at
Weathercloud: https://app.weathercloud.net
Met Office: http://wow.metoffice.gov.uk

gand

[tup]

Also planning a custom link or 2 where you provide the full text for it and full URL, useful for if you also run a Meteotemplate or other on your site.

Online wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #637 on: June 19, 2019, 05:32:50 AM »

I attach the w34_frames.php script which contains the list of  optional menu entries as used in the WD34 version.

It contains the correct (as of today) URL's of most of the sites users are uploading to.
Can be of help as the links often changed in the past.
Also for users in the US it has the link to the NWS point-click forecast and a few other examples.

I decided to use for the optional items a similar solution as I use in the Leuven-Template.
Demo at: http://wd34.weather-template.com/pws07/

"Remarks"
The "production" WD34 download has all frames set to 'not' , the user has to modify the script.   ](*,)
I think the easyweather is in my case already far to long.

The menu list can grow to long also. One user has already 18 extra menu entries.
I will therefor add subheadings in the October release

Wim
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 05:39:22 AM by wvdkuil »

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #638 on: June 20, 2019, 03:29:22 AM »
Its Update Time [tup]

If you haven't recently, be sure to reboot your MB to make sure you're using the latest version of the API. A simple and quick reboot is all it takes.

This is a fairly big update that basically rewrites notifications and then some. Just gonna copy/paste my change log from GitHub

Move notifications (Notify) from barometer.php to its own file.
Added a red Alert color to the css and shared.php
Added notification for if the console and/or station batteries are low.
Expanded the Wind notifications to include Extreme (>100knots), High (>50knots gusts or >34knots sustained), and Wind Advisory (>40knots gusts or >22 knots sustained)
Added option to enable/disable Earthquake and Wind notifications, as well as a working minimum Magnitude limit.
Add new language strings for Notify
Update language files to all match the master
Remove Canadian and US language files since they were identical to English. Can and US now use the lang.en.php file instead
Added Norwegian language file (thanks Torjan)
Fixed a bug with menu.php that left some <div> tags open that could effect notifications if the language options were shown in menu.
Update refresh times for most modules so they refresh closer to realtime (probably add a customizable setting for these later)
Modules 12 and 13 will now refresh faster as long as they aren't the weather camera module.
Weather camera module now has its own refresh rate, defaults to every 60 seconds
Fixed bug where settings notifyRefresh to 0 would bug out the clock and could crash the site
Fixed a bug with webcam online/offline where it would show as offline if it was a local file.
Updated menu links to new GitHub url.
Added Earthquake scale to notify
stationcron.php will no longer stop updating everything if MySQL settings are messed up. Metar, Forecasts, etc will continue to update regardless.
Added some status messages to stationcron.php, if something doesn't seem right, go to http://YourURL/mbdbfiles/stationcron.php to see what's wrong.

Big takeaways from that changelog is that notify (notification popups) is now in its own file, so barometer can be refreshed more often. Previously, if you made barometer refresh faster, you'd start getting spammed with the notify popup. Not a huge issue on desktop, but on mobile it would be constantly covering the top of the screen and you could never see the temperature. Temporary disadvantage is that notify won't repeatedly popup now. You'll still see it every time you load the page, though. I am working on a new way to make it refresh automatically like the rest of the modules do.

Another change is the warnings in notify about wind speed. It will let you know about Extreme Wind (>100 knots), High Winds (>50knots for gusts or >34knots for the 30 minute average wind), and Wind Advisory (>40knots gusts or >22knots for the 30 minute average). These are based on the NOAA wind advisories for non-hurricane and non-thunderstorm related winds.

Earthquake notifications will currently show the most recent Earthquake that is greater than or equal to the amount you set in the easyweathersetup.php page. It will also tell you which category the Earthquake is based on the Richter Magnitude Scale. I am planning to further enhance this with some more features like setting a limit so it only alerts you of earthquakes closer than say 1000 miles.

Stationcron.php will now let you know what's wrong if you visit it in your browser, like if you forgot to set your WU or DarkSky API and you're using a module that requires it. It will also no long stop Metar and Forecasts from updating if your MySQL settings are messed up or the database is wrong. In this case, opening stationcron.php in your browser will give you an error message about MySQL being messed up, but everything after it in the php file will continue to run.

And yes, the Canadian and US language files are supposed to be deleted, even if you are in one of those 2 countries. Common.php has been updated so that Canada and US now use the same language file as English. You don't have to change your language selection in the settings or anything, just be sure to update common.php and remove lang.can.php and lang.us.php.

How to Update

Anyway, onto the exceedingly long list of files that need to be changed. To those of you using git, git pull like always.

Those manually changing files, have fun, lol:

Copy over these modified/new files: (right click => Save link as... to download)

Delete these existing files:

• languages/lang.can.php
  • languages/lang.sk.php
  • languages/lang.sv.php
  • languages/lang.us.php

Offline Ikoth

« Reply #639 on: June 21, 2019, 09:43:08 AM »
Is there a way to reduce the frequency of API calls being made to Dark Sky and CheckWX? I'm burning through the daily, free tier, call allowance in a few hours.

I don't see an option for this in the quick config GUI, but I guess there's a parameter buried in a config file somewhere?

New Davis  / Nano SD / Weather34 user he and absolutely loving it!

Cheers,

I.

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
    • https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation
« Reply #640 on: June 21, 2019, 09:50:36 AM »
hi glad your loving the nano best product out there and weather34 meteobridge version is built around it .
so check stationcron.php setting in meteobridge services screen itself might be set at a short interval .

might throw some insight https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/guides/nano34.html

ps edit reason  my crap typing...

screenshot
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 09:57:46 AM by weather34 »

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #641 on: June 22, 2019, 02:39:58 AM »
Small Update This Time

Fixed a couple little issues with Heat Index calculations:
  • Fixed some old debug code which wouldn't impact anyone anyway since data is stored as Celsius regardless of your display units.
  • Fixed a small typo on one of the numbers of the more complex Heat Index calculation.
  • Changed the C to F and F to C functions to use fractions instead of rounded numbers.
  • Tweaked the point where we use the complex formula instead of the "simple" formula, now its > than 80 instead of >= 79.

As a said, its a small update that honestly probably won't change your "Feels like" values by even 0.1 degrees.

To update, use git pull

or replace the shared.php file.

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
    • Myrtle Beach - Rain or Shine
« Reply #642 on: June 22, 2019, 10:57:28 AM »
After the last major update I noticed something odd in my Meteobridge Live data. Have not seen it before. I did update my Nano to (Meteobridge Nano-4.0-2161) before the update. See attached screenshot.

Thanks,

Chuck

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
    • Myrtle Beach - Rain or Shine
« Reply #643 on: June 22, 2019, 11:01:41 AM »
After the last major update I noticed something odd in my Meteobridge Live data. Have not seen it before. I did update my Nano to (Meteobridge Nano-4.0-2161) before the update. See attached screenshot.

Thanks,

Chuck

Sorry. I see that William has answered this question over on Github.

Thanks,

Chuck

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #644 on: June 22, 2019, 11:47:43 AM »
Quote from: GitHub
An issue was brought to my attention where the new echos in mbdbfiles/stationcron.php from commit a0168a7 with it showing a bunch of formatting commands in the HTTP Requests part of the MB's Live Display tab.
This code was designed to make it easier to show the user what is going wrong or if it's all working as it should when they visit this page in their browser, but is have unintended issues in the Live Display tab. Should have an update out this weekend to address this.

Sorry, forgot to post today here as well.

This is definitely one of those happy accidents in life. I didn't realize the MB would display any text returned to it on the Live Display tab, but it's definitely convenient so you can check whether or not everything is good from your MB instead of going to the page itself. Trying to see if there's any way to create a line break on the Live Display so it will show each phrase more obviously. Don't think there is, but in the tooltip text when you hover over the green check mark, it does pay attention to <br>, so will probably use that.

Try to read between the crazy looking formatting commands for the moment, and see that the words themselves do tell you whether or not stationcron.php is able to do everything it needs to do

Offline seaman55

• Seamanville Weather
« Reply #645 on: June 23, 2019, 12:01:33 AM »
The last detected lightning strike appears to be in error.

It has been a while since my last one, but only about a month.

I wonder if it is a bug with the template, or weatherflow, due to their count being 0 now? A month ago when it occurred, the count was greater than 0.

Either way, before the last update the template showed last month, now December.
I've made sure my weatherflow ID is set properly in settings to use mine and not use the default populated one.
http://seamanville.com/pws
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus Daytime-FARS/Meteobridge Pro/ weather34 template on Raspi v3 B+/PurpleAir AQI sensor
Wireless ISS sitting ground/Wireless Wind, Solar, UV sitting roof
Monroe, Washington USA
WU:     KWAMONRO94
CWOP: FW4493
PWS:   FRYELANDS01

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #646 on: June 26, 2019, 03:18:03 AM »
Adding some sanity and aligning the sun

Put out 3 new commits last night and tonight that clean up the MB's Live Display response for running stationcron.php, adds a sanity check to the data we get from the MB, and tweaks the alignment of the daylight module.

• MB's Live Display response is now separated with just <br>'s, this way you can easily hover over the green checkmark and see what's working or not.
  • Adds a simple check when saving data to the MySQL database so that it will ignore any data that contains a barometric pressure less than 100mb (10 times less than the range that it should be in). Seems when the MB is rebooting or there's some connectivity issues between your station and console, the MB can record 0 for some of the data. While the MB doesn't save this bad data itself, it can still send it out to templates. Now we just ignore it under the assumption that your pressure *probably* isn't less than 100mb, and that if your pressure really is less than 100mb.... well you've got bigger issues to worry about then anyways lol.
  • Realigned a lot of the words in the middle of the daylight module such that they will be closer to centered up, and the final word (ie: sunrise/sunset) won't be dropped down onto the circle.

Updating
As always, if you use git, just update with git pull.
If you manually update, replace these files:

Offline ngiovas

• Top of Ashford Weather Station
« Reply #647 on: June 27, 2019, 09:19:40 PM »
Thanks to lightmaster, I recently got the weather34 template up and running on my website.  After running it for a few weeks, I decided to try out a new hosting service since my old one kept blocking my IP address.  I am doing a trial on DigitalOcean.  I decided to load the new beta templates that don't require a MySQL database.  I got everything loaded and went through and made all the settings changes and saved them.  Now when I go to my web address http://giovas-is-a-geek.com/PWS/ I only get a blank white page.  I'm not sure what might cause this.  I thought maybe the Apache server wasn't up and running, but I confirmed it is.  I also tried loading the current production site template, but I get the same white page.  I'm not sure what else to check, so I thought I would post to see if anyone has any recommendations.

thanks,
Nick

Online wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #648 on: June 28, 2019, 02:20:02 AM »
Thanks to lightmaster, I recently got the weather34 template up and running on my website.  After running it for a few weeks, I decided to try out a new hosting service since my old one kept blocking my IP address.  I am doing a trial on DigitalOcean.  I decided to load the new beta templates that don't require a MySQL database.  I got everything loaded and went through and made all the settings changes and saved them.  Now when I go to my web address http://giovas-is-a-geek.com/PWS/ I only get a blank white page.  I'm not sure what might cause this.  I thought maybe the Apache server wasn't up and running, but I confirmed it is.  I also tried loading the current production site template, but I get the same white page.  I'm not sure what else to check, so I thought I would post to see if anyone has any recommendations.

thanks,
Nick
The site returns a 500 error, which normally is a PHP parsing error.

I attached a smal script, it sets all error reporting and then load index.php
Unzip and put that in your pws/ folder and start http://giovas-is-a-geek.com/PWS/test.php
Probably it will tell the script and the line-number with the error.

Wim

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #649 on: June 28, 2019, 02:42:22 AM »

thanks,
Nick

Where did you find this beta template, cuz I haven't made any official template yet that doesn't include MySQL. Gonna start work on that in the another week or so.