Author Topic: WeatherFlow Smart Weather Stations: feedback wanted  (Read 10249 times)

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Re: WeatherFlow Smart Weather Stations: feedback wanted
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2016, 08:53:05 AM »
Yes and I think the admin should delete 90% of the junk in this thread.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2016, 09:29:47 AM »

Don't act like Mr. Innocent, as far as I'm concerned you're just as guilty as anyone.
I'll agree with you about the thread filled with junk but it started with the advertising in the first post.

No such thing as shade all day in the summer without moving unit and following the shade.

That's a very bold statement easily proven wrong. 

Seriously, I can find areas around the farm with persistent shade without a problem.

If you can't, one could build an enclosure like a Stevenson shield.

=D>
Randy

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2016, 09:32:52 AM »

Don't act like Mr. Innocent, as far as I'm concerned you're just as guilty as anyone.
I'll agree with you about the thread filled with junk but it started with the advertising in the first post.

No such thing as shade all day in the summer without moving unit and following the shade.

That's a very bold statement easily proven wrong. 

Seriously, I can find areas around the farm with persistent shade without a problem.

If you can't, one could build an enclosure like a Stevenson shield.

=D>

I disagree with that, my first 2 posts were to the point, I then only once or twice said some facts, but I was not arguing with anyone and in fact then trying to stop it. But who cares, I think that all posts except for the few first ones should be deleted including my comments later on.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2016, 09:52:42 AM »

I disagree with that, my first 2 posts were to the point, I then only once or twice said some facts, but I was not arguing with anyone and in fact then trying to stop it. But who cares, I think that all posts except for the few first ones should be deleted including my comments later on.

Cheerleading isn't instigating, My BAD.

Well I'm busy today looking for shade..
Randy

Offline weatherc

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2016, 10:18:56 AM »
Now here comes the problem... imagine there is one of you with a high-end Davis Pro 2 Plus, placed 2m above the ground, with active FARS etc etc.

Then you have 5 neighbors nearby, all with NetArmo, WeatherFlow, Bloomsky... sending their data to WU. All their stations of course measure pretty much the same nonsense. Yours is correct. However... which station do you think is going to be ignored as an outlier...

On spot. It will never work automatically and we end in networks showing the wrong value.

I personally don't understand manfacturers releasing temp-sensor without any shield thinking that user should build one by-itself or put the sensor in shade. As admin of EWN with 800+ PWS-stations joined do i know faaaar from all owners care about proper siting and it just ends in crap data in any PWS-networks. Due to above will no automatic check work either. From network-admin point of view are only solutions to (a) not allow Netamo/WeatherFlow-like stations at all or (b) require proper shielding proofed with pics of it and sample data of its functionality in sunshine. Wich do you think admin(s) will choose? Yep, (a).

The manfacturer could take a trip little northwards to open his minds and tell how in **** are a sensor put in 365/24/7 shade at ex 60°N at summertime?? Its case impossible when sun is shining 20 hours/day.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 10:30:22 AM by weatherc »

Offline tbrasel

• Contributor
    • Northwest Arkansas Weather.com
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2016, 10:41:37 AM »

Cheerleading isn't instigating, My BAD.

Well I'm busy today looking for shade..

Put a nail in it!!
Best Regards
tbrasel

Bentonville Arkansas, USA
Hardware: Davis 6153 - Wireless Vantage Pro2 with FARS
Software: VWS V15.00

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2016, 10:51:09 AM »
I have asked the moderators to delete all but the very first few posts. It was meant to get feedback about a particular weather station. Not to read people arguing about radiation shields and shades.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2016, 11:09:06 AM »
I have asked the moderators to delete all but the very first few posts. It was meant to get feedback about a particular weather station. Not to read people arguing about radiation shields and shades.

FWIW I disgree. If people want to make themselves look foolish and unscientific by suggesting that a decent station doesn't need a shield or that deep shade close by a building is somehow representative of an open exposure then they should be at liberty to do so. Both of these issues seem directly related to the proposed design of the WF station.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 11:14:18 AM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2016, 11:11:26 AM »

FWIW I disgree. If people want to make themselves look foolish and unscientific by suggesting that a decent station doesn't need a or that deep shade close by a building is somehow representative of an open exposure then they should be at liberty to do so. Both of these issues seem directly related to the proposed design of WF station.

(*sigh*)  Some folks just can't handle reasoned dissent.

If you can't find appropriate shade, fine.  Build a shield.

I don't understand why that is such a difficult concept for people to understand.

Nowhere did I claim "deep shade close by a building is representative of an open exposure".  Many don't have open exposures to being with.

Are you just going to say they can't contribute?

Are we going to start regulating and licensing personal weather stations?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 11:15:57 AM by nincehelser »

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2016, 11:30:37 AM »
No, but I then suggest creating another thread about "radiation shields" and only post in this one you think the station should have one.

Offline SLOweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • Weatherelement Moline IL
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2016, 11:43:56 AM »
I am at a loss here. I knew when I went to bed last night this was getting messy. I'm getting really tired of a member or 2 here who drag topics off the rails to the point that they or others complain to the admins about it.

Learn to play well with others.

This is now locked. I'm not going to waste time deleting a bunch of individual posts. I might just delete the entire topic.

I apologize to the OP for the behavior here of a few miscreants. Please feel free to start another topic for legit feedback if you desire.

Sheesh...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 11:46:04 AM by SLOweather »

anything