Author Topic: 5-in-1 Sensor not 'Talking' To Display  (Read 507 times)

Offline Nodonutz

5-in-1 Sensor not 'Talking' To Display
« on: January 06, 2019, 02:01:23 PM »
Greetings -
   New to the forum, but not Acurite 5-in-1. I had set-up in ND for 5+ years and recently moved to IN 3+ years ago. I was very happy with the performance in the brutal cold/winds of ND winters. My temp/humidity sensor finally died this fall and is irreplaceable. I bought a new set-up, a 01013M from Amazon, because I wanted a better display and Access for connecting to WU. My issue is the NEW sensor won't connect to the NEW display. I can connect to my OLD monochrome display with the NEW sensor just fine. I can connected my NEW display to my OLD unit no problem. The display shows -40/1% as well as wind speed and direction. Once I switch channels it goes to blank -- readings.  All the batteries are brand new lithium, I am using the extended battery pack - I took it out and put batteries directly into the sensor, also swapped in new Alkaline, still same results. I want to make sure its working before I take down the old unit off the 10ft pole it's mounted on... it's a PIMA.
The channel selectors are all in the same letter. I have the Access plugged in and ready to go. It's the weekend, so AcuRite customer service is not available, though I did e-mail them. Would like it set up before the work week - temps are currently in the 50's but plummeting into the 30's starting tomorrow. YIKES!
Any suggestions???
Thanks in advance.

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
Re: 5-in-1 Sensor not 'Talking' To Display
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 02:16:34 PM »
A console will search for the first 5-in-1 on the same channel letter that it sees on the air, and ignore any others.  It sounds like you are using the same channel letter for both 5-in-1's, and both consoles "adopted" the wrong sensor due to the luck of the draw.

Set both 5-in-1's to different channel letters and power-cycle everything starting with the 5-in-1's.  That should force them to re-alopt the correct sensors per your preference.

No reason to worry about the Access, since it ignores channel letters and relays all received data for sensors on any channel.....
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline Nodonutz

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 03:51:36 PM »
I appreciate the response!  I just came in and saw your post, which confirmed what I suspected and corrected.
I took the other unit off the pole and pulled the batteries. Put the new one up and installed the battery extension.  I made sure the displays and sensor were all on the same channel - still nothing.  ](*,) So I hit 'reset/clear all' and that did the trick. It was stuck on stupid, or I was #-o . All good now.  =D> =D>

I figure I can still use the old one to double check rain and wind, which still works. I had the old one calibrated perfectly for rain. The little fan is making a ruckus, so I will disengage that since it only is used for temp readings. It scares my big bad German Shepherd, who will defend the homestead fearlessly, but any beep or high pitch noise sends her scurrying! LOL
THANKS!!!!!

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 06:48:05 PM »
You should be able to sync the old display as a second display for new sensor, with a channel change and reset on the old console.  The caveat is that all of your historic data will be wiped from that console in the process.....
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline Nodonutz

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 06:50:23 AM »
Vreihen -
   I appreciate the info. I have both systems up and running. I put the old sensor in a different part of the yard synced to the old monochrome display. I wanted to see how close they were in their readings in rainfall, wind and barometric pressure. Also the inside readings - pretty much spot on. I have both linked to MyAcurite app and the new sensor reports to WU. Pretty cool stuff.