Author Topic: Tabular data prior to 1/1/08 for every PWS gone?  (Read 2780 times)

Offline NorthNJwx

• Senior Contributor
Tabular data prior to 1/1/08 for every PWS gone?
« on: October 16, 2008, 05:37:37 PM »
A few days ago while on WU, I noticed that all of my weather station's daily tabular data from prior to January 1, 2008, was gone. The daily graphs are luckily all still there; the daily highs/lows also still appear on the weekly/monthly/yearly/etc. pages in the tables. However, since all of the daily tabular data is gone, I no longer have access to my 10-min tabular obs for all dates prior to 1/1/08. I checked another station to see if it also had the problem, and it did- no daily tabular data before 1/1/08.

I used to go back and look at my data from days in previous years quite often, so it's been quite disheartening to me to see this data gone. It seems odd to me that WU would just remove all of that data without at least notifying station owners. Has WU been known to delete data periodically, and does anyone know if this is permanent?

Offline NorthNJwx

• Senior Contributor
Re: Tabular data prior to 1/1/08 for every PWS gone?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 04:02:00 PM »
For anyone who sees this thread, I just wanted to post an update on this situation. The historical tabular data on WU is all back now. Looks like it was a temporary problem and was fixed earlier this week.  :-)

anything