Author Topic: 24hr rainfall amount  (Read 2624 times)

Offline scott71

24hr rainfall amount
« on: January 02, 2010, 09:13:24 AM »
Hi folks, got a question.

I was reading a post by "volvogirl" about the rain counter not resetting. I have the ws1510 version and have similar issues.

I was testing out the rain gauge yesterday to make sure it works and poured some water through it, making it tip about 30 times or so. Now everything seemed to work just fine but when I went to rest my 24hr rainfall I got no response from the console. In the book it clearly says you can reset the 24hr under the min/max button by hitting the set button then + button and it is suppose to return to zero. I get mostly a time change when I do the reset going to the current time when I actually did the reset.

I was able to reset the "total" rainfall back to zero without any issues. And as for the rest of the unit it works perfect so far just this little glitch.

So is there something faulty with it or do you really have to wait out the 24hr period from which the rain fell to automatically reset itself contradicting the manual. I did send an email off to LaCrosse but it looks like they are closed until Monday so I'll have to wait on those guys. I figured I'd poll you guys to see what you knew. I'd appreciate you help, thanks in advance.

Northern Berks Co., PA

Offline scott71

Re: 24hr rainfall amount
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 10:26:19 AM »
Well crisis averted folks. I cried wolf too soon.  :oops:

It reset itself apparently after the 24 hr time period passed when I tested putting water through the gauge. Now when I went back in to do a manual reset by using the min/max button configuration I was able to reset it back to zero. In the other thread I read no one ever came back to say that their problem was resolved even though it was mentioned that this might happen.

I wish they would have included this in the book  ](*,) would have made it soooo much easier.

I hope this may help anyone else out there with similar a similar issue.

Northern Berks Co., PA