Author Topic: Meteobridge / AW-1400-IP no longer tallking to each other  (Read 1188 times)

Offline SimonB

• Contributor
    • meteo.capetown
Meteobridge / AW-1400-IP no longer tallking to each other
« on: November 02, 2017, 03:57:44 AM »
Hi all

I have a meteobridge and AW-1400-IP, which have worked flawlessly for a couple of years now.

Suddenly the MB is no longer gathering live data from the 1400-IP as seen from the picture below

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

The weather station is correctly reporting to WUNDERGROUND, so I assume it's not that.

I can ping the weather station from the MB, as per below

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

I have power cycled both MB and weather station, but nothing works.

The only thing that has changed was that we moved from ADSL to Fibre, but it's still the same router.

Any thoughts

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
Re: Meteobridge / AW-1400-IP no longer tallking to each other
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 05:21:32 AM »
Hard to say from here. When you send me your remote login credentials, I can give it some inspection. Please mail to "info(at)meteobridge.com".
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 05:23:25 AM »
Thought would be it has to do with the only thing that has changed? If nothing is obviously different in or with the router settings then what might have changed on the ISP's side?

Offline SimonB

• Contributor
    • meteo.capetown
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 06:50:48 AM »
Thought would be it has to do with the only thing that has changed? If nothing is obviously different in or with the router settings then what might have changed on the ISP's side?

But surely that can't affect the comms between the WS and the MB??  They are on the same wired network internal to my house.  I could understand if the MB wasn't communicating with the outside world.

Offline SimonB

• Contributor
    • meteo.capetown
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 06:51:42 AM »
Hard to say from here. When you send me your remote login credentials, I can give it some inspection. Please mail to "info(at)meteobridge.com".

Will send when I get home

Offline SimonB

• Contributor
    • meteo.capetown
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 12:11:30 PM »
Ok, it's definately a network issue.

I changed the MB from wired to wireless mode and it's connected.

I've checked and double checked the cables and swapped them out, and swapped them around on the router to no avail.

Possible issue on the MB ethernet port?

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2017, 01:27:05 PM »
Hard to say. To be honest I am very surprised that it makes a difference if the MB is connected via LAN or WLAN. Is there some special firewall enabled on your router that that might somehow interfere? just guessing...
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick

anything