Author Topic: MKIII only reading whole degrees and ignoring barometric offset adjustment  (Read 1570 times)

Offline mwearl

• Hendersonville Weather
Greetings,

My MKIII is only measuring whole degrees.  It shows the decimal place but it remains on .0. (In the IP-100 itself and on Weather Underground) So it would increment from 32.0 to 33.0 and so on.  I have a friend with the same weather station and his does show the degrees to the tenth.

Another problem is that my 2.18 barometric offset to correct from absolute barometric pressure just randomly gets ignored by the system.  Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. Currently it's not factoring in the offset, yet I just verified that it is in the tuning tab.

https://rainwise.net/weather/hendersonvilleweather

Offline VaJim

• Virginia Beach Backyard Weather
  • Forecaster
    • Virginia Beach Backyard Weather
Re: MKIII only reading whole degrees and ignoring barometric offset adjustment
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 07:21:13 PM »
Greetings,

My MKIII is only measuring whole degrees.  It shows the decimal place but it remains on .0. (In the IP-100 itself and on Weather Underground) So it would increment from 32.0 to 33.0 and so on.  I have a friend with the same weather station and his does show the degrees to the tenth.

Another problem is that my 2.18 barometric offset to correct from absolute barometric pressure just randomly gets ignored by the system.  Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. Currently it's not factoring in the offset, yet I just verified that it is in the tuning tab.

https://rainwise.net/weather/hendersonvilleweather

Hi

You may want to download your data from inside your Rainwisenet website.  You'll notice it does use averages.  Not sure if this is the answer in your case.  I just checked my online data and most of the temp data points are whole numbers.  There are a few with a decimal.  Do you have a Rainwise display?  The temp number there is always whole. 

Not sure about the baro offset.  Make you you saved that setting.  Then perhaps call Rainwise.  Good luck.

Offline ggsteve

• Forecaster
Re: MKIII only reading whole degrees and ignoring barometric offset adjustment
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 10:39:55 AM »
The Rainwise Mk III reports temperature in whole degrees.  The Mk III LR (long range) reports temperature in tenths of a degree.

When you see a standard Mk III showing temperature figures in tenths on the Rainwise dashboard, that is caused by math on the website, not reported by the sensor array.

Can't help with your other problem, sorry.

anything