Author Topic: Weatherlink.com archive data slow  (Read 1668 times)

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: Weatherlink.com archive data slow
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2018, 05:38:22 PM »
So do you use web download in the WL software or are you getting that data with the local configuration in the station setup?
In my Davis Envoy/USB configuration I only run WL software twice a month for a few minutes so as to continue my monthly WL data, then stop it and run Cumulus.  After I signed up for weatherlink.com v2.0 earlier this year, then when I run that WL software weatherlink.com gets updated but I don't know the interval, and can't see any data or graphs on the free version.

In my separate Vue console/WiFiLogger setup there is a setting to upload to weatherlink.com and that is the primary and ongoing feed for this, again only limited information available for the free version.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Bernie1006

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2018, 05:39:12 PM »
Do I have to run the WL software or can I just use WL.com?

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2018, 05:44:03 PM »
Do I have to run the WL software or can I just use WL.com?

I presume with WeatherlinkIP it automatically sends to weatherlink.com (now version v.2) without the need to run PC Weatherlink software so nothing else needed, but I have no experience with WeatherlinkIP just with the 3rd party IP logger.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Bernie1006

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2018, 05:54:43 PM »
Okay didn't realize that so i am going to give that a try, I changed the station configuration to web download and shut it down to see if this changes anything

Thanks again Paul you have been very helpful to me trying to get my head around this new system and how the data flows

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2018, 11:57:21 PM »
One other thing I would like to throw in this mix, I have a dedicated computer set up in my office running WL.com and 3 different time today the screen had 3 different errors

Bad gateway
Web page took to long to respond
Internal server error

On next screen refresh things would be fine

What else is it running?

Offline Bernie1006

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2018, 04:53:15 AM »
this was noticed on 2 separate Pc's, things have been running pretty consistent the last 12 hours since i reconfigured the software station set up but still a few smaller gaps at around 11 pm last night.

Offline Bernie1006

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2018, 04:57:37 AM »
One thing I did noticed in the last couple of graphs is the only missing data seems to be wind speed and direction..... May be a different issue now.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2018, 05:03:30 AM »
One thing I did noticed in the last couple of graphs is the only missing data seems to be wind speed and direction..... May be a different issue now.

Don't forget that if the wind speed drops to zero (ie if there's a short period of calm, not uncommon pre-dawn) then the wind direction gets dashed out. This would probably have the effect of making it appear on the chart like the wind data is missing - ie zero wind speed and no valid direction.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Bernie1006

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2018, 05:06:19 AM »

Don't forget that if the wind speed drops to zero (ie if there's a short period of calm, not uncommon pre-dawn) then the wind direction gets dashed out. This would probably have the effect of making it appear on the chart like the wind data is missing - ie zero wind speed and no valid direction.

I was wondering that, thanks. then things so far seem to be going well

Thanks