Author Topic: Snow core tool  (Read 1641 times)

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
Snow core tool
« on: February 13, 2017, 11:58:51 AM »
4" pvc with handle.
Randy

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
Re: Snow core tool
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 01:52:18 PM »
4" pvc with handle.

Great idea! Fortunately, those of us in the Chicago area, haven't had a need for such a tool as we have had no measurable snowfall since about Christmas! Still have had about 3 inches of rain since Christmas so yards and local water supplies should be okay come Spring. However, before declaring victory and putting away the snowblower for the season I will wait a bit! Supporters of global warming are cheering but I know next year we will pay the piper and such supporters will be missing from sight!
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
Re: Snow core tool
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 02:17:26 PM »
Yes winter has been different with lack of really big cold outbreaks but reservoirs filling in West has been good. What el nino couldn't do la nina did. Almost complete polar opposite of predictions. Shows just how far off forecasting can be especially long range.

For my area we seem unaffected one way or the other. Slightly more snow and colder so far this winter. We average around 35" and currently 30" mid February so another 10-15" expected.
Randy