Author Topic: WuiWlink_1.dll  (Read 1541 times)

Offline dendrite

• Forecaster
WuiWlink_1.dll
« on: June 22, 2014, 11:09:42 AM »
I've noticed the new WU dashboard reports leaf wetness, soil temp, and soil moisture data. I'm using WL with the WU module and only my leaf wetness data of the 3 is being sent to WU. I'm assuming this is because my soil sensors are plugged into the 2nd terminal block connectors on the soil station instead of 1. I would have originally used the 1st ones years ago, but one of them was broken so I just placed both in the 2nd.

Has anyone modified this DLL before? I would assume a slight edit to retrieve the data from Soil Moist 2 and Soil Temp 2 would work? I have some coding experience, but have never played with DLLs before.

Offline pfletch101

• Forecaster
    • Personal Website
Re: WuiWlink_1.dll
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 03:53:30 PM »
Generally speaking, a DLL will support function calls that it is coded to support and not ones that it isn't. At best, the calling routine would have to call the DLL function with different parameters to get the 'channel 2' data; at worst, the data wouldn't be available at all. While someone with access to the source code of the DLL might be able to patch it directly to do what you want, it would be far easier to recode the relevant function and recompile it. Without access to the source code, I doubt whether it could be done at all.
Vantage Pro 2+ connected to Raspberry Pi running weewx by means of Meteo-Pi - data incorporated in domestic energy production (PV) and use monitoring system.

anything