Author Topic: Problem reconnecting to ambient weather.net  (Read 867 times)

Offline dragoneggs

Problem reconnecting to ambient weather.net
« on: October 25, 2018, 11:40:32 PM »
I have a new WS2902 and I connected to ambientweather.net just fine.  Also registered at weather underground but my unit would not report.  So I deleted the device and created a new Station I.D.  Now weatherunderground works fine but my reporting to ambientweather.net stopped. 

How do I reconnect to ambientweather.net?

Offline dragoneggs

Re: Problem reconnecting to ambient weather.net
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 12:45:38 AM »
Well, my first post here upon joining and I feel a bit embarrassed.  It seems that after 4+ hours of being connected to WU, my connection to ambientweather.net resumed without any doings by me.  I had earlier set an alert to let me know when my device stopped reporting... which it did.  Just now, I got another text, that it started reporting again.  I can't explain it but I am happy.

So... never mind!  \:D/

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 04:42:26 AM »
The WS-2902A probably reset its connection after a certain timeout period. You probably could have resolved it sooner manually if you had followed the following instructions below to restart the device but also to pull the batteries out and put back in.

The issue is known and documented here:
https://ambientweather.net/help/ambientweather-net-stopped-reporting-weather-underground-com-works-fine-ws-2902/

AmbientWeather.Net Stopped Reporting. Weather Underground.Com Works Fine, WS-2902

- If AmbientWeather.net stops reporting but WeatherUnderground.com continues to update, power down and up your console by removing batteries and AC power. There may have been a DNS server change that was not updated on the console.
- If the problem persists, power down and up your wireless router.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 04:44:30 AM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline dragoneggs

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 01:46:27 AM »
Thanks for the reply... this is good info for future reference.

anything