Author Topic: What is your favorite add on, script, template, whatever?  (Read 783 times)

Offline 96Cobra

What is your favorite add on, script, template, whatever?
« on: July 22, 2018, 12:27:56 AM »
The base templates and scripts are awesome on their own, but I'm curious about what folks consider their favorite add on/page on their website.  Things like the interactive Vantage Pro 2 console, weather radio script, webcams/timelapse, or something that you created for your site & are willing to share.

One of my favorites is the Weather Radio script by: Clifton Virginia Weather, SE Lincoln Weather, and Saratoga-weather.org, and thanks to the folks that stream the stations.  It's very hard for folks in my area (many hills and valleys) to get the signal, even with an outside antenna, so this gives me/them an easy way to hear the broadcast.

I'm looking to add anything that my visitors, or myself, find useful or just plain neat to look at. Let's see some of the cool extras that your site has!

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
Re: What is your favorite add on, script, template, whatever?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 06:32:11 AM »
for 'situational' or "event" information, I think my most used script is one developed by Curly several years ago...
which allows me to instantly insert various blurbs etc on the site..
I Run several configs of it... below shows two configs inserted in header, one with example warning, and link to NWrOrg,and one with live Radar...

Second most used would be the Webcams, which I can also insert into one of the 'announcement' configs in the header...Tied for second would be the embed local WxRadio Stream,

Third... I like to switch on WxTracks,,,27 Hours of Wx Music for storm tracking, etc.. ,(about Wx Trax )
There are some twists I'm running... for example the CoCoRahs quick page, with a bit of Water Watching Humor & CCR information... :lol:
... and some experimental non-production stuff like this tricky thing I'm foolin' with off and on ...  H2O Balance
](*,)
Click image for Quick Look: (Yea I know 'Example' is mispelled.. too bad  :twisted: )
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 07:13:34 AM by Cutty Sark Sailor »

Offline 96Cobra

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 06:48:13 AM »
Would that be the "special announcement script" that Curly created?  I've been looking for it, but can't find the zip.  I read that there's a version 2 (at least) in a thread from 2016, but the zip isn't there anymore since Curly shut down his site. 

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 07:09:23 AM »
Would that be the "special announcement script" that Curly created?  I've been looking for it, but can't find the zip.  I read that there's a version 2 (at least) in a thread from 2016, but the zip isn't there anymore since Curly shut down his site. 
Yes, it Would... attached
enjoy

Offline 96Cobra

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 08:03:51 AM »
Just had a little time to check out your site... awesome!  You've made a very cool site!  I got a kick out of your landscaping around the CoCoRaHS rain gauge, from your snow cam.  Thanks for the file for the special announcement script!

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 09:12:19 AM »
Just had a little time to check out your site... awesome!  You've made a very cool site!  I got a kick out of your landscaping around the CoCoRaHS rain gauge, from your snow cam.  Thanks for the file for the special announcement script!
Thanks for the nice words...Yeah, the 'Thyme" all died out... few people actually recognize that as a 'rain drop'...  need to re-do that and dump the wife's ruined 'ornaments'... the cams are a bit out of 'location' presently... so I need to fix that up... those two Hikvisions ("Snow" and "Bird") float around seasonally, and events... NWS monitors them, especially during winter. those two mount on modified campfire cooking tripods, and moving them is a breeze, when I feel like it... The SW hikvision is on the Weather Station mast, about 22' high...

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2018, 01:20:36 PM »
Yes, it Would... attached
enjoy

Thanks for posting this special announcement. I had been modifying and un-commenting a section of my main page which required a change and upload of index.php. I like this better. Thanks to Curly as well.

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline lddaly

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2018, 03:57:55 PM »
Murry's "Detail/Summary/Season Files For Temperature, Rain, Wind, Wind Run, Wind Direction, Snowfall, Snow Depth, Barometric Pressure, Degree Days, Sunshine Hours, Max Solar, Solar kWh, UV, Dew Point, Wet Bulb, Soil Temperature, Evapotranspiration, Humidity" pages are the most visited pages (by far) we have on our site. http://weather.wildwoodnaturist.com/downloads.php

Offline 96Cobra

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2018, 09:45:45 PM »
Cutty, how do you like the hikvision cameras?  I just bought a Foscam FI9901EP and hope to install it in a couple of days & see if/how I can add it to my site.  I'm out in the sticks on satellite internet,  so I'm not sure how much bandwidth I've got left to play with before I get a nastygram from my ISP.

Offline 96Cobra

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2018, 09:47:20 PM »
lddaly, I'll be checking those out next! Thanks for the info!