Author Topic: Saving nearby Davis station in Weatherlink 2.0 Bulletin  (Read 779 times)

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
Saving nearby Davis station in Weatherlink 2.0 Bulletin
« on: July 09, 2018, 09:00:48 AM »
I have successfully saved the nearby Marina in my WL2 Bulletin View as a pull-down option. I was able to add a device, since I know the Marina's DID as well as my own.

Is there a way to store a station view that I don't have the DID for?

I tried dragging the icon and station name to "shared", but that didn't work. It gives me a circle/slash indicating that it isn't allowed.

In the mean time, I can view the map and select it there. I thought that it would be nice to have it on the drop-down list though.

I did subscribe to "Pro" despite my previous claim that I would not....

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: Saving nearby Davis station in Weatherlink 2.0 Bulletin
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 09:08:23 AM »
'Sharing' a station's data (Bulletin, at least) is a feature that should be coming soon to logger-based stations AIUI. It is already available for EM stations (because it has to be initiated from the EM app IIRC), but not yet available on the main web platform. You will likely need to be invited to share the data by the owner via email.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 07:13:50 AM »
One thing I have come up against with multiple stations within the one login and where stations are a mix between nautical and land based there is no way to separate the different wind speed types that can be used. Typically Knots for nautical and KM/h or MPH for land based use, WeatherLink V2 only applies one (1) speed type within the actual login for all sites within that login not individual stations within the login. 

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 10:17:07 AM »
One thing I have come up against with multiple stations within the one login and where stations are a mix between nautical and land based there is no way to separate the different wind speed types that can be used.

Well that's obviously a result of the fact that units are set on a per-account basis (which is probably what the great majority of users will prefer). I guess one answer would be to have the sea and land stations in different accounts - just because you can have many stations within one account doesn't mean that this is automatically the best option for every scenario. We're certainly thinking of running  2 if not more accounts - I think it will be simpler overall to separate cell-based and logger-based stations for instance.

Only fly in the ointment is that I'm not sure that there is an option yet to move stations between accounts (other than via the mediation of wl.com support) but I expect this to come.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.