Author Topic: Greenfrog Scientific - thank you  (Read 991 times)

Offline m-a-r-k

Greenfrog Scientific - thank you
« on: January 12, 2018, 03:17:07 PM »
Just wanted to publicly praise Greenfrog Scientific in the UK which used to sell the WeatherRanger a WS1001 clone.
I bought one last summer and running fine since June. On 2 January the outside temperature and humidity sensor stopped working.
Sent e-mail to Greenfrog Saturday 6th, got a reply on Sunday 7th!! Replied Sunday night, received e-mail Monday that new unit being sent out.
Didn't want old one back.
Received new outdoor sensor Thursday 11th. Installed today.
Thank you Greenfrog for great service, no hassle, no toing-and-froing, no sending off old unit etc.
Well done!

Interesting to see that the temp/humidity sensor was sealed at the base where it enters from the main unit above and covered in a white cottony sleeve. All the electrical connections especially those leading downwards at the bottom side of the main unit were also sealed and covered in a white sealer.
WU ID: ITAIN5
Aercus WeatherRanger - WS-1001 Clone

Offline booji

Re: Greenfrog Scientific - thank you
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 11:42:31 AM »
I emailed them about when they were going to update their firmware since, for the weathersleuth, the firmware was still losing WU details. Emailed several times and no reply. It looks like you got them on a good day! 

Offline m-a-r-k

Re: Greenfrog Scientific - thank you
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 03:22:07 PM »
In the summer I had emailed them about a trivial thing and got a reply the next day. So, strange you've not heard.
As an aside Greenfrog have nothing to do with the manufacture or firmware of these chinese made weather stations.
WU ID: ITAIN5
Aercus WeatherRanger - WS-1001 Clone