Author Topic: C84428 Wind Direction  (Read 3308 times)

Offline Plaiditect

C84428 Wind Direction
« on: December 13, 2017, 12:17:02 AM »
[NB: This is my first post. Please let me know if I err.]

I finally bought a weather station (a long time desire) and ended up with this one.  The outdoor temp/hum sensor had a faulty connection between the display and the circuit board, but I think I've Macgyvered it... time will tell.  I've also put in a request to Lacrosse for support, which may also prove interesting.

Question: Nothing in the directions or on the wind sensor asked to be oriented North, yet this unit shows wind direction and it appears to be working. How?  I just put it up on the pole any-old-how.  (Or it's oriented wrong and I need to figure out how to point it in the right direction.)

Thanks!
-J

Offline pfletch101

• Forecaster
    • Personal Website
Re: C84428 Wind Direction
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 05:01:18 PM »
Good Luck getting useful support from Lacrosse! According to the manual, your PWS gets wind direction from the NWS.
Vantage Pro 2+ connected to Raspberry Pi running weewx by means of Meteo-Pi - data incorporated in domestic energy production (PV) and use monitoring system.

Offline VaJim

• Virginia Beach Backyard Weather
  • Forecaster
    • Virginia Beach Backyard Weather
Re: C84428 Wind Direction
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 07:07:02 AM »
[NB: This is my first post. Please let me know if I err.]

I finally bought a weather station (a long time desire) and ended up with this one.  The outdoor temp/hum sensor had a faulty connection between the display and the circuit board, but I think I've Macgyvered it... time will tell.  I've also put in a request to Lacrosse for support, which may also prove interesting.

Question: Nothing in the directions or on the wind sensor asked to be oriented North, yet this unit shows wind direction and it appears to be working. How?  I just put it up on the pole any-old-how.  (Or it's oriented wrong and I need to figure out how to point it in the right direction.)

Thanks!

-J

I have the same unit and question about wind direction.  The part about the NWS is only true IF you have it setup using the lacrosse app (wifi).  otherwise it acts as a stand-alone.  The wind direction is most likely a part of the design.  Just a quess.    Lacrosse now wants everyone to use their website (fill in the form) for support help.

I also have some problems with the temp/rh sensor and its connection to the display.  I'm moving it around as I test it.

Let me know what you find out.