Author Topic: Weatherlink.com 2.0 announced  (Read 5952 times)

Offline shakasha

Re: Weatherlink.com 2.0 announced
« Reply #150 on: January 09, 2018, 05:05:04 AM »
Just signed up for the 2.0.

I see the wind gusts do not match the 1.0 data. This is what I ran into using the xml feed. I hope I will be able to see true wind gusts in 2.0 especially now that I just paid for a year.

Thankfully WL6.0.3 does download gusts data.

Offline wicked

« Reply #151 on: January 09, 2018, 11:51:01 AM »
Just signed up for the 2.0.

I see the wind gusts do not match the 1.0 data. This is what I ran into using the xml feed. I hope I will be able to see true wind gusts in 2.0 especially now that I just paid for a year.

Thankfully WL6.0.3 does download gusts data.

I will need to compare mine. Does interval matter at all?

Offline shakasha

« Reply #152 on: January 09, 2018, 12:15:10 PM »
The more I look at it, I think I am not seeing my station at all. None of the data matches up. When I first signed up I saw "Davis VP2 ISS" and assumed the site was showing me my station. So I got excited and paid for a year and it appears my station has not migrated yet? I don't see it on a map and can't get to it via search. UGH.

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • Support site Leuven Template and scripts
« Reply #153 on: January 09, 2018, 12:18:30 PM »
The more I look at it, I think I am not seeing my station at all. None of the data matches up. When I first signed up I saw "Davis VP2 ISS" and assumed the site was showing me my station. So I got excited and paid for a year and it appears my station has not migrated yet? I don't see it on a map and can't get to it via search. UGH.
The wl.com v1 stations will be migrated later this year.
As explained in one of the first messages in this topic:

Remember this is going to happen in two phases:

Phase I: New registrants to wl.com will see v2, but existing users will continue as is;

Phase II: Existing users will be migrated across to v2 by June 2018, maybe sooner;

Wim
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 12:20:28 PM by wvdkuil »
Vantage VUE with a WLIP connected to a Meteobridge used for https://weer.sluispark.be/
Same VUE+WLIP uploads to WL.com(2.0)  used for https://sluispark.be/weather28/
Vantage VP2 with a USB logger/Meteobridge for https://www.weerstation-herent.be/
Envoy with a WLIP uploads to WL.com(1.0) as a backup / test for the same site.

Offline shakasha

« Reply #154 on: January 09, 2018, 12:28:53 PM »
The wl.com v1 stations will be migrated later this year.
As explained in one of the first messages in this topic:

Quote from: johnd on November 27, 2017, 05:37:03 PM
I went to the WeatherLink home page from another source and had no idea there was a discussion going on here until AFTER I paid for what seemed like a good deal. The data was "close enough" to what we have on Clearwater Beach when I looked at this morning and saw the historical data and just thought it was from our station. I assumed when I signed up for WL2.0 it would give my MY data. It sure didn't say anything during the buying process. It wasn't until I started looking at the wind gusts that I noticed something was wrong. I still thought it was our station, but figured the 2.0 wasn't bringing in the gust speeds correctly.

Note that even though I have 1.0 account, the WL Home Page prompts to sign up for 2.0. Maybe they should have some explanation there...

:?

Offline shakasha

« Reply #155 on: January 09, 2018, 12:45:05 PM »
Just spoke with Customer Support regarding my purchase of a year 2.0 when my station has not been migrated. He offered to cancel my 1.0 account and move the station to the 2.0, but all archived data would be lost. It was tempting since the station is only a few months old. But I opted to wait for the migration which will bring in the old data. He expressed they hope for Spring but it could take longer. He also cancelled my Pro account for now so I won't be billed.

Good customer service.