Author Topic: New Acurite Atlas 7/8 Station (Elite Summer 2018?) HD FARS  (Read 17194 times)

Offline alanb

Re: New Acurite Atlas 7/8 Station (Elite Summer 2018?) HD FARS
« Reply #150 on: January 30, 2018, 12:03:53 AM »
Well, if the Atlas is available somewhere, I can't find it. Their web site still says "Coming Soon" ... same thing it has said for almost 13 months now.

I know you beta testers have something, but for the rest of us it is still vaporware, so I think that term is valid until there is a product we can purchase. I don't question that the Atlas might become a product someday. Since they refuse to tell us anything about price or expected availability, all we can do is speculate.
Alan

Online nincehelser

• Forecaster
    • nincehelser.com
« Reply #151 on: January 30, 2018, 12:06:55 AM »
Well, if the Atlas is available somewhere, I can't find it. Their web site still says "Coming Soon" ... same thing it has said for almost 13 months now.

I know you beta testers have something, but for the rest of us it is still vaporware, so I think that term is valid until there is a product we can purchase. I don't question that the Atlas might become a product someday. Since they refuse to tell us anything about price or expected availability, all we can do is speculate.

It's unfortunate your "speculation" is so far off the mark.  Just like your claims that everything was "photoshopped".

What I find is strange is how other weather station companies will take money on advance orders and still not deliver after as long as 18 months, yet there is nary a peep of complaint or bad-mouthing.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 12:16:44 AM by nincehelser »

Offline seamonkeys1

« Reply #152 on: January 30, 2018, 12:26:40 AM »
Coming sometime in 2020 ;). Amazon doesn't even have product pages for it.

Did they show it off again at ces this year ?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline BeaverMeadow

• Contributor
« Reply #153 on: January 30, 2018, 08:09:22 AM »

And that's just the Atlas 7/8, not the Elite. BIG DIFFERENCE!

Online nincehelser

• Forecaster
    • nincehelser.com
« Reply #154 on: January 30, 2018, 08:15:25 AM »

And that's just the Atlas 7/8, not the Elite. BIG DIFFERENCE!

It's just a staged deploy... concentrate on getting one model out, then the next.

No big deal unless they're holding on to your money or something.

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #155 on: January 30, 2018, 09:34:51 AM »
I haven't had one single problem with the hardware of the atlas. The only thing I had to do was pull down the anemometer as it had slipped up off the contacts during shipping. Once I pulled it down into position, it has been good. I do loose the signal on the display for some reason where I have it sitting, but if I move it, the issue goes away... I think one of my other stations interferes with the display. The access antenna doesn't miss a beat. 10 seconds or less it updates on Wunderground.

anything