Author Topic: Gladstone BS  (Read 2181 times)

Offline Scalphunter

• Forecaster
Gladstone BS
« on: December 16, 2016, 06:03:20 PM »
The values returned by your sensor indicate a system problem. This can be caused by a 'stuck' sensor that always reports the same value. Please check your station for proper operation.

Findu is really turning into an joke.  above is the statement  on my temp which is failed everyday by this clown. The chart that it was under shows peaks and valleys as the temperature swings  not an flatline which would indicated  the statement above..  That program got no clue how to handle  temp/humidity in cold cold  climate. 

anyone interested to look DW1453 is the station. Also keep in mind that I am being compared to station 30-45 miles away and in different drainages....

John

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
Re: Gladstone BS
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 06:10:48 PM »
Well a while back, they had either my temp or dew hotter than the surface of the sun. :roll: Join the crowd.

Offline lrosenman

• Contributor
    • Siena Weather
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 07:25:33 PM »
Last 2 days it didn't like my dew point at all:
14-DEC-2016 Errs  *   0/170  *   0/170  * 170/170  *   0/170  *   0/170 
15-DEC-2016 Errs  *   0/162  *   0/162  * 162/162  *   0/162  *   0/162 

Something is rotten in gladstone land.  WU still gives me gold stars.  so, W-T-F.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 07:31:45 PM »
Last 2 days it didn't like my dew point at all:
14-DEC-2016 Errs  *   0/170  *   0/170  * 170/170  *   0/170  *   0/170 
15-DEC-2016 Errs  *   0/162  *   0/162  * 162/162  *   0/162  *   0/162 
WU still gives me gold stars.
Please....

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 08:21:05 PM »
The values returned by your sensor indicate a system problem. This can be caused by a 'stuck' sensor that always reports the same value. Please check your station for proper operation.

Findu is really turning into an joke.  above is the statement  on my temp which is failed everyday by this clown. The chart that it was under shows peaks and valleys as the temperature swings  not an flatline which would indicated  the statement above..  That program got no clue how to handle  temp/humidity in cold cold  climate. 

anyone interested to look DW1453 is the station. Also keep in mind that I am being compared to station 30-45 miles away and in different drainages....

John

Gladstone has nothing to do with the MADIS QC rating. He supplies a tool for sending data.
If you have a beef take it up with https://madis.noaa.gov/ and let them know whats going on.
Randy

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 08:22:06 PM »
There is no perfect way to do a quality check short of visiting the site to see for yourself.
What Gladstone does is fine but it's not perfect. Just gotta take it with a grain of salt.
You can't plug in micro climates and drainage factors, altitude or anything else. It's just an across the board analysis of all parameters based on on other stations.
I commend him for trying because as we know there are people out there who don't take pride in trying to achieve the best data possible. A long as you know you're accurate, that's all that matters. 

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 05:31:16 AM »

John

Gladstone has nothing to do with the MADIS QC rating. He supplies a tool for sending data.
If you have a beef take it up with https://madis.noaa.gov/ and let them know whats going on.
Hmm, I didn't know it wasn't Gladstone doing the QC. Learn something new everyday.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 06:58:36 AM »

John

Hmm, I didn't know it wasn't Gladstone doing the QC. Learn something new everyday.

Its MADIS so Gladstone can't do anything about it, zero control and can only email Madis like we can.  I have emailed Madis QC when stations are giving bogus data and still being used for comparison. They are able to manually remove bad stations. Barometric pressure was the issue on nearby station reading 0 inches and screwing up all the QC in area.
They told me it should of been kicked out automatically but didn't for unknown reason.
Randy

anything