Author Topic: LaCrosse 330-2315  (Read 20223 times)

Offline tsellers

LaCrosse 330-2315
« on: December 08, 2016, 10:32:51 PM »
I'm thinking about purchasing the LaCrosse 330-2315. Anyone have any experience with this unit?

Offline westhillman

Re: LaCrosse 330-2315
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 06:25:42 AM »
No, we're waiting for you to buy it and tell us all about it !   Seriously though, its obviously a new unit and apparently only for sale in the US. Looks promising, with a combined rain/wind unit but sensibly a separate thermo/hygro.   

Offline tsellers

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 07:57:50 AM »
Well, after running for three weeks I got dashes for outside temp, humidity and rain on the inside display.  After troubleshooting with LaCrosse they have decided to replace the entire unit.  They even sent me a pre paid shipping label to return the defective unit.  I'm bummed about not having my PWS for a couple of weeks but I will say that LaCrosse customer service has been top notch so far.

For the three weeks that my PWS was operating correctly it was tracking right along with measurements of PWS's around me.

I should receive my replacement in the next week or so.

Offline hotsauce2007

• Weather Station
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 05:12:15 PM »

Hi

I have one and is working very good untill right now, I did the wifi setup and saved the IP for the weather station at the router DHCP, changed the batteries for better AA from SONY/PANASONIC and did one wall mount rack for the lcd display with some old scrap metal parts that I had at home.

Some photos:

Offline Imageek2

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 03:44:33 PM »
I ordered one of these to get my feet wet with my first PWS. I will report back (in about a week) when I have it up and running :)

Offline hotsauce2007

• Weather Station
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 04:21:53 PM »
I ordered one of these to get my feet wet with my first PWS. I will report back (in about a week) when I have it up and running :)

Nice,

I wish I could change to the another model that include Lighting detector... \:D/

Offline Imageek2

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 05:16:55 PM »

Nice,

I wish I could change to the another model that include Lighting detector... \:D/
It looks like from my research that the lightning detection model 328-2314 doesn't allow you to connect it to Weather Underground :?:. That seems strange.

Offline hotsauce2007

• Weather Station
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 05:59:18 PM »

Nice,

It looks like from my research that the lightning detection model 328-2314 doesn't allow you to connect it to Weather Underground :?:. That seems strange.

True, maybe because is an old model.

better get one of these in black friday

https://www.amazon.com/AcuRite-02020-Portable-Lightning-Detector/dp/B00EO1H3X8/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1489100302&sr=1-1&keywords=lighting+detector

\:D/ ](*,)

Offline Imageek2

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 11:47:43 PM »
I have my 2315 up and running. One issue. When I set it up and began testing it, it connected to WU and appeared on the map right away, and was updating every five seconds or so. After I mounted it in it's permanent spot WU now just says "Station Reported" and doesn't update in real time. It still gets the correct data. It also isn't showing up on Wundermaps anymore. I was thinking it was because it had recorded rainfall because of all the movement. I deleted the bad rainfall data and will see what happens.

My ID is KCARIVER102

Edit: Now it is back up and working the way it did before  :?:
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 12:06:33 AM by Imageek2 »

Offline hotsauce2007

• Weather Station
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2017, 02:13:52 PM »
I have my 2315 up and running. One issue. When I set it up and began testing it, it connected to WU and appeared on the map right away, and was updating every five seconds or so. After I mounted it in it's permanent spot WU now just says "Station Reported" and doesn't update in real time. It still gets the correct data. It also isn't showing up on Wundermaps anymore. I was thinking it was because it had recorded rainfall because of all the movement. I deleted the bad rainfall data and will see what happens.

My ID is KCARIVER102

Edit: Now it is back up and working the way it did before  :?:

in the first week the station will be a little unstable, keep in mind that it needs to be close of the router and with great wifi signal, over here I can see the station at the DHCP of the router and the signal is full, do a dhcp reservation and monitor if it drop or stay up, over here I can see even how much bandwidth it consumes, look:

DHCP:

Total bandwidth for one month:

And jut the daily upload for the WS:

... \:D/

Offline Imageek2

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2017, 07:38:15 PM »
I’ve had my 330-2315 up and running for several days now and I thought I would give my impressions. As a newbie of course I don’t have much to compare it to so take that into consideration :)

The main unit is smaller than I thought it would be. It seems to be of decent quality The color display is nice, although the color seems to be color overlays on white text/graphics… except for one square in the upper left that looks to be an actual color display of some kind. I like it though. It has a separate thermometer/humidity sensor. I began setting it up by putting batteries into each unit. Initially I could not make out anything on the color display. It needs to be plugged in to the AC unit to turn on the backlight. The display has three brightness settings, high/low/off.

After installing the batteries the sensor units began communicating immediately with the display. In order to set it up with WU you need to download an app, which found my wireless network and logged the 330 into it. I put in my WU credentials and it accepted them with no problems. My station showed up on WU almost immediately.

After I did the initial setup I began to try and figure out how to mount the sensors. My location is challenging. I am in a manufactured home park so there is virtually no land surrounding the home. The best location for the main unit was on top of an antenna mast on the roof. I had several ideas on how to mount it there, but in looking through my bits and pieces I discovered that an extra U mount from a previous antenna worked perfectly with their included mount.

Finding a place for the thermometer was more of a challenge. I tried over a dozen places, but all had an issue with the sun at some point causing the temp to be higher than it should have been. I have a couple of thermometers I was measuring it against, as well as several Davis units relatively close to me. I finally found a spot that works well. I had also purchased a solar shield separately and when in that the temperatures are right in line with the Davis units around me.

It seems to be very accurate with wind speed, direction, gusts, etc. We haven’t had any rainfall since I installed it but a storm is on its way so that will be interesting to see how it does with that.

So far I am happy with the purchase. For the price I bought it for it seems like a great way to jump into the PWS world.

P.S. You can see in the pic showing the display unit my other thermometers. The one on the right is over 15 years old and is still working great!

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline hotsauce2007

• Weather Station
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2017, 08:26:44 PM »

Nice review man, I liked the way you mounted the PWS in that antenna, what a such great idea ever, solid and high.

One question, I send an email to lacrosse asking about the ''forecast'' image in the display unit, I´ve had cloud and sunny draw but no rain, the PWS has 15 days now and we had a lot of rain and the draw never change. The icon on WU is changing as it should and right now is showing RAIN, but in my display only shows cloud, I will never have snow because we dont have that here but a little of rain indicator could be nice... =D>

here is my unit...

https://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:00000.9.83780?sp=ISOPAULO432&utm_source=HomeCard&utm_content=Button&cm_ven=HomeCardButton

Offline Imageek2

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2017, 10:34:29 PM »
I can let you know about the rain display in a couple of days, we are supposed to have a storm moving in on Tuesday :)

Offline hotsauce2007

• Weather Station
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2017, 10:42:08 AM »
I can let you know about the rain display in a couple of days, we are supposed to have a storm moving in on Tuesday :)

the rain icon now is working properly, probably the station needs more than one month to stabilize and work as it should.

Offline hotsauce2007

• Weather Station
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2017, 10:11:34 AM »

working very good and with no issues... \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Offline icebound

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2017, 10:40:26 AM »
I happen to be a big fan of the way the old WS2812 allows your own computer to capture the data (forever) with no manual intervention.

Does the 330-2315 allow something similar via the wifi?

Or is it a "must" that I go through WU?  Even then, how do I capture the data for my own Excel processing?

Offline hotsauce2007

• Weather Station
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2017, 01:48:00 PM »

I think the only option is getting the data from the WU, the station has no USB connection  :roll:

more than 300 stations sold on eBay and nobody is coming to this forum  ](*,) I wish more people could participate over here and send the feedback... :roll:

Offline aafflyer

• KCAESCON43
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2017, 11:45:07 PM »
First day with this unit. Easy to set up. Nice display. Replaced my 2814 which finally gave up the ghost after many years. Bought over Acurite because separate temp sensor is the logical way to go for accuracy.

Offline hotsauce2007

• Weather Station
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2017, 04:42:18 PM »
First day with this unit. Easy to set up. Nice display. Replaced my 2814 which finally gave up the ghost after many years. Bought over Acurite because separate temp sensor is the logical way to go for accuracy.

welcome to the club  \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Offline Imageek2

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2017, 06:43:01 PM »
Mine has read the rainfall correctly. I spent a bit of time trying to get it really level. I would imagine most of the units like this are pretty sensitive to being level, but as this is my first one I cant say for sure  :-)

Edit: Well that's odd, I replied to a post that suddenly is no longer here.

:?:
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 06:47:27 PM by Imageek2 »

Offline ibrubeer

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2017, 06:57:40 PM »
I bought this weather station in January.  Since it was a little chilly at that time, I installed it on my backyard fence.  Not an ideal location, since it was low, partially blocking the wind and rain both.  About a month ago, I installed it on the roof of my mower shed.  Much better wind readings, but it was not reading any rainfall!  I did a manual test, and tipping the rain rocker AND pouring a little water into the funnel both yielded rainfall readings.  An actual rain would not give any readings though.

The only thing I could think of was that the mounting angle was not correct, and it was not perfectly vertical.  Sure enough, I tipped the mounting just a little more towards the "front" and it started reading actual rainfall!  My guess was that it was tipped too far to the back, and the rain in the rocker was not heavy enough to actually dump it.  Has anybody else noticed this unit being somewhat sensitive to installation angle?

EDIT:  Sorry!  I was fiddling with the weather sticker in my signature, trying to get it to show up!  Temporarily removed the post to try and get it right.  We'll see if I did...  SUCCESS!!!!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 06:59:16 PM by ibrubeer »

Offline hotsauce2007

• Weather Station
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2017, 12:01:09 AM »
Mine has read the rainfall correctly. I spent a bit of time trying to get it really level. I would imagine most of the units like this are pretty sensitive to being level, but as this is my first one I cant say for sure  :-)

Edit: Well that's odd, I replied to a post that suddenly is no longer here.

:?:

Nice to hear that, I did the same over here because the rain meter works only in level... =D>

Offline hotsauce2007

• Weather Station
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2017, 12:02:29 AM »
I bought this weather station in January.  Since it was a little chilly at that time, I installed it on my backyard fence.  Not an ideal location, since it was low, partially blocking the wind and rain both.  About a month ago, I installed it on the roof of my mower shed.  Much better wind readings, but it was not reading any rainfall!  I did a manual test, and tipping the rain rocker AND pouring a little water into the funnel both yielded rainfall readings.  An actual rain would not give any readings though.

The only thing I could think of was that the mounting angle was not correct, and it was not perfectly vertical.  Sure enough, I tipped the mounting just a little more towards the "front" and it started reading actual rainfall!  My guess was that it was tipped too far to the back, and the rain in the rocker was not heavy enough to actually dump it.  Has anybody else noticed this unit being somewhat sensitive to installation angle?

EDIT:  Sorry!  I was fiddling with the weather sticker in my signature, trying to get it to show up!  Temporarily removed the post to try and get it right.  We'll see if I did...  SUCCESS!!!!

Sure, just dont forget to fix it very hard and properly to stay in the same position almost ''forever'', because the level can chance the measurements for rain and all...

Offline hotsauce2007

• Weather Station
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2017, 11:55:45 AM »
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRhrzsxkIFc&t=1s[/youtube]

http://www.lacrossetechnology.com/lacrosseviewsupport/

Offline ibrubeer

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2017, 12:53:14 PM »
Where do I find the device ID to enter into the app? Nothing seems to work...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk