Author Topic: Weatherlink for Mac won't display Solar data  (Read 1708 times)

Offline prmullen

• MSS -- Skunk Meadows Weather Station
Weatherlink for Mac won't display Solar data
« on: November 29, 2008, 08:47:03 AM »
I am running Weatherlink on both a standard PC [Acer 20" 9805 laptop plus Windows XP] and a G5 OS-X 20" display iMac.  Both are properly receiving and logging data from a remote wireless Vantage Pro 2.  The PC is using a standard VP2 console with a USB connection [which works perfectly], and the Mac is connected via a "Weather Envoy" data logger [USB again, works fine].

We have a solar sensor [but no UV sensor] connected to our ISS, and it is working perfectly.  I noticed a few days ago that the Mac Weatherlink software seems to stop displaying Solar data in the Bulliten Display when the sun intensity drops to zero.  Also, there are no strip-chart options to display solar sensor data.

Is this normal behavior for the Mac version of Weatherlink, and why hasn't Davis bothered to improve the Mac Weatherlink software ?

Cheers!

Patrick R. Mullen
Dir. of Engineering
Mullen Scientific Software

1686 State Route 69
Parish, NY  13131

Office: (315) 625-4660

prmullen - at - dreamscape.com

"Whatever nature has in store for mankind,
unpleasant as it may be, men must accept,
for ignorance is never better than knowledge."

--Enrico Fermi

Offline KU4GO

Re: Weatherlink for Mac won't display Solar data
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 11:27:55 PM »
Hi Patrick,

Unfortunately, I don't have the solar sensor on my VP2, but like you, I have a lot of issues with the OS X client.  It's basically a port from the Classic OS, as you can probably tell.  I've written a complete summary of bugs that I'm sending to Davis support, so I suggest you do the same.  Maybe if enough Mac users chime in, Davis will put more effort into their OS X software.

I will post my summary here shortly for others to view.

Best Regards,
Alan

Hello from Coddle Creek, NC

anything