Author Topic: CHECK if your WeatherLink.com halted uploading to WeatherUnderground  (Read 2198 times)

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
My WL-ip logger uploads normaly to WeahterLink.com
And for years the WL.com site uploads the data every 15 minutes to CWOP en WeatherUnderground.

This morning I discovered that WL.com stopped its uploading of my data for 2 different weatherstations/WL-ip devices shortly after 22:31 CEST (20:31 UTC) for the first station and 20:09 CEST (18:09 UTC) for the second.

The WU site reported also "PWS is not uploading"

The settings in WL.com were correct for both stations for the WU userid and password. Only the upload checkmark was unset.
Setting it again and the uploading started immidiatly.

This has happended before but that was after scheduled maintenance, but there was no e-mail warning about maintenance this time and I checked the spam folders also.

So if you use a WL-ip logger and use wl.com to feed your data to WU, check if wl.com is doing its job.

Wim

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
Don't know if this relates or not but about 6 hours ago I got 2 error messages from WU stating "Weather Underground Live Upload Informational Only Response: INVALIDPASSWORDID:Personal and/or id are incorrect\n" whatever that means. I didn't change anything before or after those 2 messages came in and everything corrected itself, running as usual again. I guess they play around over there or something. :roll:

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
It is on and of  with uploading. It works for a few hours and then the uplaoding is stopped.

Could indeed be that because of the sporadic iunjustified messages about invalid password from WU makes Wl.com decide to stop uploading.

Other weather programs have the same type of problems but they simply continue to try and upload.

WL.com should check if that is the cause, but how to contact them?

Offline finethen

• East Kingsford
My interpretation: Definitely a WL issue. My data forwarding has been interrupted 3 times since yesterday, and each time I've had to log in to WeatherLink and put a check back in the box to upload to Weather Underground. And yes I have saved my settings after each go-round. Have had no error messages, email alerts, etc. It just seemed to stop. In all cases WL has continued on happily, both on my IPhone app and on the web. There are lots of people less than satisfied with WU for a variety of reasons but I think they are innocent in this instance!

Offline lwburke1

Re: CHECK if your WeatherLink.com halted uploading to WeatherUnderground
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 09:44:22 AM »
I am curious to see if you were able to resolve this issue, as I am now experiencing what appears to be the same issue. I had been uploading to WU via Weathersnoop on my Mac until a problem developed with that machine. After days of trying to resolve that issue by phone, yesterday I temporarily switched to using WL.COM. I've had to go back in to WL three times in 24 hours to re-check the box next to Weather Underground. CWOP uploads continue to work fine as they always have.

Offline finethen

• East Kingsford
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 01:25:36 PM »
I had to re-check that box a few times but I'm not sure if even that would have been necessary if I had waited for WL to resolve whatever was going on.  The issue just seemed to clear itself up later in the evening and all of a sudden I was back on WU. I don't want to be an IT guy and that's what I relayed to Davis via there request for feedback from owners. The configurations in all there permutations should be easy-peasy. Having said all that I do understand that different entities must do system maintenance or will have unexpected HW and SW issues, etc. that are unpredictable. Maybe they (WL, WU, whoever) could send a global email out stating that things are not going well and service interruptions are imminent would be a good idea?

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 02:02:32 PM »
I can't say for sure if this is related, but a few users who forward their data to wunderground from Acurite's web service, MyBackyardWeather.com, have recently been reporting similar issues.

Maybe there's an issue with bulk-data feeds into wunderground?

anything