Author Topic: LaCrosse WS-2810-2-IT Stops Communicating  (Read 2473 times)

Offline Phipps

LaCrosse WS-2810-2-IT Stops Communicating
« on: September 26, 2014, 06:40:21 PM »
My brother has a LaCrosse WS-2810-2-IT and is trying to get it set up to transmit to WU. As long as he is in the Weather Pro software the display streams data to the computer. As soon as he steps away within a few minutes the display stops sending data to the computer. If he goes back and into Weather Pro the data stream resumes. He said he doesn't have to resync, it automatically reconnects.

Any thoughts of what he's doing wrong? Unfortunately I'm in Ohio and he's in Wyoming so I can't just run over and check it out.

Offline Beaudog

• Forecaster
Re: LaCrosse WS-2810-2-IT Stops Communicating
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 06:53:20 PM »
If  I understand what you are saying he is closing weather pro . He can not do that the computer and software must run 24/7.

Possibility 2   the computer must not be allowed to go into sleep or hibernation mode. All power saving must be turned off including that for USB ports.

Offline Phipps

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 08:04:51 PM »
He's not shutting it down. If it is not the top window it stops receiving data from the display and the display stops showing PC on it.

He has set all his power settings to never turn off.

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 08:29:38 PM »
I do believe that data from the console/display continues to be received by the Heavyweather Pro program even when it's not the top window on the PC. The way I'm setup I have HW Pro displayed on my wx PC and the "PC" letters shown on the console/display until some other program pops up it's screen over HW Pro. It is then HW Pro appears to have stopped updating when it's actually still doing it's job, just not displaying updates while in the background. While it's in this state I can go online with another PC and look at WU, CWOP, PWS, etc. and still see the uploads arriving. Once you go back into the wx PC and click on the HW Pro window to bring it back on top then it's starts showing updates and the PC letters on the console reappear. The connection never really dropped. At least that's the way things run here.

Offline Phipps

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 08:31:56 PM »
Ok. I'll have him check that.