Author Topic: weatherlinkIP Problem  (Read 3169 times)

Offline ryan hothersall

• Senior Contributor
    • My Stuff on the Web
weatherlinkIP Problem
« on: October 12, 2008, 06:28:39 AM »
I have only noticed for the last week that my weather page has bot been updating. Last update was just after midnight October 5.

Communication between the station and computer is working fine, but uploading to the internet is not working. I saw on the Davis site version 1.04 firmware and I installed it (the datalogger came with 1.03) I hope I have not stuffed it up.

Offline ryan hothersall

• Senior Contributor
    • My Stuff on the Web
Re: weatherlinkIP Problem
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 06:43:59 AM »
All fixed. Did a reset on console (remove AC adapter and batteries) and my page updated as it should etc.

Offline Sigdigit

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 01:50:21 PM »
Ryan,
On WLIP, can you view all parameters the console shows from a remote location?  i.e., can you have your IP webpage show THSW index or inside temp if you want?  If that cannot be shown on the page I've seen with the blue sky and clouds background, is there any way to access this data? (remotely, not with your computer with the WL installed).

Offline justin470

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 03:54:01 PM »
I don’t think the information on the main page can be changed by the end user.

When viewing the standard weatherlink page, you can click on the word summary in the top right hand corner. This will provide more information and readings regarding the weather station.

The station I use does not contain the solar or UV sensor. That being said, I don’t now if that information would be available on the weatherlink website.

I did go to the main weatherlink map and clicked the summary for multiple stations. I was unable to find the solar or UV data for any of the ones I clicked on.

Hope this helps.

Justin

Offline jmyg

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 04:31:46 PM »

Here are the solar and UV ones: http://www.weatherlink.com/user/avranchin/index.php?view=summary&headers=1
Simply choose the VP2+ configuration.

HTH

Offline Sigdigit

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 10:40:18 AM »
Too bad you can't see the THSW index that shows on the console if you have a solar radiation sensor.  This is a much more accurate reading of what it actually "feels like" when you take into account the humidity and sunshine simultaneously with wind.  I also wish Davis would show some graphs like WU does.

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 11:33:52 PM »
Too bad you can't see the THSW index that shows on the console if you have a solar radiation sensor.  This is a much more accurate reading of what it actually "feels like" when you take into account the humidity and sunshine simultaneously with wind.  I also wish Davis would show some graphs like WU does.

Current THSW isn't available with Weatherlink, either.  However, and strangely, with Weatherlink you can upload the annual high THSW index to your website.

I've repeatedly asked for that tag, with no results in several "updates" of that software.

Offline Bergerie

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 03:48:20 PM »
Just switch to Weather Display and WeatherDisplayLive which will enable you to represent all the parameters you are referring to. If you wish to upload to Wunderground concurrently, just enable it from within WeatherDisplay. You simply do not need weatherlink.com. The contents of the website which in terms of GUI is controlled by Davis guys, is not doing any justice to the weatherstation capabilities. As for the WeatherlinkIP datalogger. Be carefull, the product has been launched too prematurely and still exhibits bugs. Do not rely on its uptime if it serves a remote site which is only occasionally visited e.g. second home.