Author Topic: Used Oregon Scientific THGR122NX Thermo Hygro Sensors for sale on Ebay  (Read 24701 times)

Offline port1

• Forecaster
Re: Used Oregon Scientific THGR122NX Thermo Hygro Sensors for sale on Ebay
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2009, 02:38:06 PM »
:-(  I wanted to swap it out today, but it's not safe to go up on the roof because of the rain.
I would go...but the wife is home, and she'll kill me before I kill myself climbing up on the wet roof.  :lol:
Perhaps tomorrow.  I am frustrated at my dewpoint readings being so much out of whack, so it's on my To Do list, near the top.
I'll keep you all posted.
 8-)

Henry

I'm prepping things today to perform the swap out tomorrow.
I just hate it that I have to give up Channel One because of a junky THGR968.  :-x
My outdoor temperatures are perfect, and always two thumbs up on CWOP/MADIS but that crummy humidity sensor component...ugh!
Man...  :mad: #-o :!:

Henry

O.K.!  :grin:  All swapped out.  And hot as blazes outside...well actually, very high dewpoint, so evaporating one's perspiration is a "no go".
Anyway, the John Deere BAR122HGLA is actually quite nice!  =D>  The sunshine icon, for example is animated, and there are these "kinetic wave" icons that are also animated and indicate signal strength for each channel of the remote sensors.  I wish the WMR968 console had these nice animated icons. Atomic clock handshake feature too.  Very, very nice, and a bonus that it was included in the low price for the 268, which has the greater range over the 122NX.  I relocated the 122NX closer to another window nearer my main console, and I have good signal strength for it finally.
Secondly, the 268 appears to be accurate, and I've assigned channel one to it, and using it now in place of the crappy THGR968.  Too bad, because the temp sensor portion of the THGR968 was spot on.  My humidity readings were only 50% accurate, at best.  What a shame that sensor has such a bad reputation...and deservedly so.  I just wish I could have kept it as my main temp/humidity baseline.  Oh, well.

Oh, interesting that I had to restart VWS for the "swap channel 1" function to work.  While the software was running it would not give up the solar powered Channel 0 for Channel 1.  Had no choice but to restart.  I found that interesting, as the calibration functions occur in real time without a restart.  Just a bit of curious software info to share.

Well, let's see what MADIS rates me in a few days.  Hope I get a red check mark and two thumbs up on all my sensors...finally!  #-o
And by the way...thanks for everyone's advice.
Much obliged.
 8-)

Henry
KNYFLORA5
WMR968
VWS v14.00 p73
CoCoRaHS NY-NS-7
CWOP DW1891
SKYWARN 09-148

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2009, 02:55:01 PM »
It's nice when things go the way you want them to.  I hope it works better for you.  :)
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline port1

• Forecaster
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2009, 05:01:12 PM »
 :-k  We'll see if I have to fine tune the calibrations.
Thanks, Greg.
 :-)
Henry
KNYFLORA5
WMR968
VWS v14.00 p73
CoCoRaHS NY-NS-7
CWOP DW1891
SKYWARN 09-148

Offline sam2004gp

• Mount Crawford, Virginia
  • Forecaster
  • Weeeeeeeee!!!!
    • Mount Crawford Weather, VA
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2009, 07:05:24 PM »
:-(  I wanted to swap it out today, but it's not safe to go up on the roof because of the rain.
I would go...but the wife is home, and she'll kill me before I kill myself climbing up on the wet roof.  :lol:
Perhaps tomorrow.  I am frustrated at my dewpoint readings being so much out of whack, so it's on my To Do list, near the top.
I'll keep you all posted.
 8-)

Henry

I'm prepping things today to perform the swap out tomorrow.
I just hate it that I have to give up Channel One because of a junky THGR968.  :-x
My outdoor temperatures are perfect, and always two thumbs up on CWOP/MADIS but that crummy humidity sensor component...ugh!
Man...  :mad: #-o :!:

Henry

O.K.!  :grin:  All swapped out.  And hot as blazes outside...well actually, very high dewpoint, so evaporating one's perspiration is a "no go".
Anyway, the John Deere BAR122HGLA is actually quite nice!  =D>  The sunshine icon, for example is animated, and there are these "kinetic wave" icons that are also animated and indicate signal strength for each channel of the remote sensors.  I wish the WMR968 console had these nice animated icons. Atomic clock handshake feature too.  Very, very nice, and a bonus that it was included in the low price for the 268, which has the greater range over the 122NX.  I relocated the 122NX closer to another window nearer my main console, and I have good signal strength for it finally.
Secondly, the 268 appears to be accurate, and I've assigned channel one to it, and using it now in place of the crappy THGR968.  Too bad, because the temp sensor portion of the THGR968 was spot on.  My humidity readings were only 50% accurate, at best.  What a shame that sensor has such a bad reputation...and deservedly so.  I just wish I could have kept it as my main temp/humidity baseline.  Oh, well.

Oh, interesting that I had to restart VWS for the "swap channel 1" function to work.  While the software was running it would not give up the solar powered Channel 0 for Channel 1.  Had no choice but to restart.  I found that interesting, as the calibration functions occur in real time without a restart.  Just a bit of curious software info to share.

Well, let's see what MADIS rates me in a few days.  Hope I get a red check mark and two thumbs up on all my sensors...finally!  #-o
And by the way...thanks for everyone's advice.
Much obliged.
 8-)

Henry

Sounds like we have a winner.   =D>
SAM --->>> http://www.mountcrawfordweather.org
OS WMR-968 with a Dedicated PWS Weather Computer running VWS v13.01 p09

Offline port1

• Forecaster
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2009, 07:57:01 PM »
 :-) I think so, Sam.
Hope you folks check out my accuracy!  ;)
I know Andrew will let me know if I'm not in range...but I'll be checking myself when I receive my e-mail from CWOP with the calibration value charts.
It's been a long road to reach accuracy, mostly because I was loyal to the THGR 968, and that's a shame.
Too bad OS doesn't get that fixed/calibrated for us that have remained loyal.
So far, looking at my values today, I "look" pretty good.  \:D/
Let's see where I go, long term, with my values.  :?:
Thanks to all of you!
 =D>

Henry
KNYFLORA5
WMR968
VWS v14.00 p73
CoCoRaHS NY-NS-7
CWOP DW1891
SKYWARN 09-148

Offline sam2004gp

• Mount Crawford, Virginia
  • Forecaster
  • Weeeeeeeee!!!!
    • Mount Crawford Weather, VA
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2009, 08:01:56 PM »
I am not on the CWOP, I really need to do that. Shame on me! :oops:
SAM --->>> http://www.mountcrawfordweather.org
OS WMR-968 with a Dedicated PWS Weather Computer running VWS v13.01 p09

Offline SlowModem

• Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2009, 08:19:31 PM »
I am not on the CWOP, I really need to do that. Shame on me! :oops:

[-X  SHAME SHAME SHAME!   [-X

Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
    • Mackie's Main Street, Unionville, ON Canada Weather
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2009, 07:01:13 AM »
Henry,
Its only been one day for your dewpoint fix with new sensor, but already you are 2 thumbs, 85% for the three day. Another week or two and you should be golden.

Cant recall exactly when you did you "sea level" adjustment, but you are now 2 thumbs up on baro, and 85% for 28days (100% for the last 14 days)  so the offset worked perfectly

Andrew

Andrew - Davis VP2+ 6163, serial weatherlink, wireless anemometer, running Weather Display.  Boltek PCI Stormtracker, Astrogenic Nexstorm, Strikestar - UNI, CWOP CW8618, GrLevel3, (Station 2 OS WMR968, VWS 13.01p09), Windows 7-64

Offline port1

• Forecaster
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2009, 07:00:35 PM »
 :-) Thanks, Andrew.
I know you're watching my back, and I appreciate that.
I knew you would be.
Glad I'm finally achieving accuracy.
It's been a long, frustrating road.  #-o
I couldn't  have done it without help from forum members like you, and for that I'm very grateful.  :!: :!:

Henry
KNYFLORA5
WMR968
VWS v14.00 p73
CoCoRaHS NY-NS-7
CWOP DW1891
SKYWARN 09-148

Offline SlowModem

• Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2009, 04:24:03 PM »
Henry,

I looked at your CWOP QA for the past 7 days and it looks like you're pretty close to the target!   =D>

Your RH may be 1.5-2% high, but that's a lot better than it was.

Way to go!   \:D/

Greg
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline port1

• Forecaster
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2009, 06:58:21 PM »
 \:D/  :-)  Definitely, Greg!  I've noticed the same slight "high" data, but way better than it ever was.
I'm glad I trashed that THGR 968.
Thanks for watching my back, too!
Much obliged, sir!
 =D>

Henry
KNYFLORA5
WMR968
VWS v14.00 p73
CoCoRaHS NY-NS-7
CWOP DW1891
SKYWARN 09-148