Author Topic: Website Page Error  (Read 1174 times)

Offline stormwatch

• Senior Contributor
    • Carolina StormWatch Weather
Website Page Error
« on: January 16, 2018, 04:01:53 PM »
Hi everyone,

I have a major problem with my site at www.carolinaStormwatch.com that occurred early Monday and after 2 restores (on by my host) it continues. I definitely contributed or caused the error and have no idea what file is causing the error. I was running Cumulus as a backup Program and saved all the NOAA reports but they went to my server instead of my staying in the Cumulus Reports File which was deleted yesterday.

I have deleted several files from webfiles (running WD with Ken's Templates). That NOAAMO.txt file is still there being created by an upload from a file (tags, ect) but I replaced all the clientraw files in webfiles in WD and installed new copies but no go.

Been running WD and Ken's Templates since 2008 and never had this problem. Anyway is there anyone that can tell me how to fix this issue??   ](*,)

Your help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Tom

CoCoRaHS NC-BR-1
CW0803
Advanced Spotter

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: Website Page Error
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 04:11:35 PM »
Very odd... looks like your testtags.php has been clobbered and replaced by a NOAA reports file.

Get a fresh copy of testtags.txt from the WD-plugin.zip, and replace the one in c:\wdisplay\webfiles

Also, please post a copy of your ftp log -- it may be that WD is just 'confused' about what to upload and is doing the clobber

Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline stormwatch

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 04:44:47 PM »
Yeah Ken, that is kind of what I thought also but I deleted the .txt and .php files from from webfiles and replaced them but I am going to get a fresh copy off the site.

Thanks,

Tom
CoCoRaHS NC-BR-1
CW0803
Advanced Spotter

Offline stormwatch

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 07:39:34 PM »
Yeah Ken, that is kind of what I thought also but I deleted the .txt and .php files from from webfiles and replaced them but I am going to get a fresh copy off the site.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Ken. Well, I deleted texttag.txt and texttaga.php from my /public file on my server and all instances from webfiles and in WD Folder and downloaded a new set of files from WD. I immediately pulled up my site and everything looked normal UNTIL the testtags.php had a chance to load and immediately went back to the problem once again. Have absolutely no clue on what to do now.

Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated!

Tom
CoCoRaHS NC-BR-1
CW0803
Advanced Spotter

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 10:05:26 PM »
Hi Tom,
Post a copy of your ftp log from WD  (View, FTP Log and Other Log).  That will likely show a mismatch of what's uploaded.
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline stormwatch

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 11:31:42 AM »
Hi Tom,
Post a copy of your ftp log from WD  (View, FTP Log and Other Log).  That will likely show a mismatch of what's uploaded.

Sorry Ken but just got to the computer and as always you are correct!! The third entry down on the WD FTP Log it has that NOAA Daily File being uploaded into "Testtags.php. I looked but not real hard yet to see if I can make this correct. Ideas for a quick fix? Thanks so much my friend!

Tom
CoCoRaHS NC-BR-1
CW0803
Advanced Spotter

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 12:07:22 PM »
I've seen this issue a couple of times before, but don't know how to fix it.  My suggestion is to use https://www.weather-watch.com/smf/index.php/topic,10950.0.html and send the .zipped data to Brian (info @ weather-watch.com) and he can sort it out for you.

Offline stormwatch

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 03:45:03 PM »
I've seen this issue a couple of times before, but don't know how to fix it.  My suggestion is to use https://www.weather-watch.com/smf/index.php/topic,10950.0.html and send the .zipped data to Brian (info @ weather-watch.com) and he can sort it out for you.

Thanks Ken!! I will do that. I went through my FTP WD Settings and actually found a box ticked upload Daily NOAA Settings where my testtads.php were being uploaded and don't ever remember that box being on. I will try that and see if that will do it first. If not I'm sure Brian can help. Thanks!

Tom
CoCoRaHS NC-BR-1
CW0803
Advanced Spotter

Offline stormwatch

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2018, 07:45:03 AM »
Hi Ken. Just wanted you to know I was able to resolve the issue finally with tips from you. In the FTP section of files to upload I found where somehow the Upload Daily NOAA Reports box was checked where I had the testags.ph file to upload. Once the box for the NOAA Reports was unchecked I am good for now anyway.Many Thanks!

Tom

RESOLVED
CoCoRaHS NC-BR-1
CW0803
Advanced Spotter

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2018, 10:26:02 AM »
Glad it's sorted out, Tom.  As you've seen, it can be very confusing when unexpected contents are uploaded to a key file.

Best regards,
Ken