Author Topic: Data not uploading.... but I know why, I think.....  (Read 1982 times)

Offline soxfan2k4

Data not uploading.... but I know why, I think.....
« on: September 29, 2017, 11:21:40 PM »
For reasons I dont care to get into because it will just drive me crazy again, I've had to swap out the laptop my Vantage Pro is on for the second time. This new unit is running Windows 10, and I cant run CP210X_USB_Serial_Converter.  I am told "The code execution cannot proceed because CP210xManufacturing.dll was not found.  Reinstalling the program may fix this problem"

Thats what I get when try to run the copy I downloaded from Davis.  When I run the one that got installed w. Weatherlink located at c:\Weatherlink\Support\Drivers\, I get "Insufficient privileges.  Contact, or log in as, the administrator to install this driver"  I'm clearly logged in as an admin of the machine already

I hooked up the console to a USB port on the laptop, and it's feeding the data to Cumulus, but it wont go to wunderground.  I'm sure I'm overlooking something simple here.  In the Configuration menu in Cumulus, I went to internet, and chose Enabled under the Weather Underground section, and put in my station ID (KMAUXBRI10), and my password.  No dice.....  wunderground tells me "This PWS is not reporting"  I've been waiting nearly 8 hrs

Anyone know whats up??

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: Data not uploading.... but I know why, I think.....
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 03:53:01 AM »
...When I run the one that got installed w. Weatherlink located at c:\Weatherlink\Support\Drivers\...

Not sure precisely how to interpret this comment, but I'd suggest installing the main WL program to c:\Weatherlink (exactly that) and nowhere else.

Edit: OK, after re-reading again, maybe this is what you've done. But let's just check:

1. WL has been installed into C:\Weatherlink and fully updated to v603 (if it's not v603 to start with)?

2. You can see the driver in c:\Weatherlink\Support\Drivers\whatever

3. When you start the WL program and try to access the logger you get the error you're reporting

Is that exactly what's been done? If not, what's different?

« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 06:38:49 AM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline azchrisf

• Cobra Weather Dominator Operator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 05:14:33 AM »
Unless you've turned off UAC (which requires a registry entry), UAC is still active. Try reinstalling the driver by right-clicking on the EXE and clicking "Run as Administrator". Sometimes this works.
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus 6163 w/ 8 Transmitters!
Also doing Soil and Leaf 4x
WU: KAZGLEND106 CWOP: FW1398 (F1398) Purpleair: 98793/LAZGLEND8
My setup:
https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=41867.0

Offline soxfan2k4

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 06:54:03 AM »
Unless you've turned off UAC (which requires a registry entry), UAC is still active. Try reinstalling the driver by right-clicking on the EXE and clicking "Run as Administrator". Sometimes this works.

That was the first thing I tried....  I'm a helpdesk supervisor LOL

Ok, so not exactly sure what happened overnight, but now wunderground is reporting.  Guess 8 hrs wasnt sufficient enough, but we appear to be cooking w. gas again https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=kmauxbri10
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 06:58:26 AM by soxfan2k4 »

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 07:41:53 AM »
Could have been just an issue with WU.

Offline tdl086

• Amistad Road
Re: Data not uploading....and I don't know why
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2017, 11:14:02 PM »
I have been uploading to WU from a station at home and another from my pecan orchard outside of town. For some unknown reason I get the reading "PWS not reporting" 15 days now. I've been all through WU trouble shooting but have not been able to solve. 3 days ago same things  showing on my station at my orchard. I have submitted email to WU but have had no response. Any ideas? I have not made any changes so puzzled with what could have changed.

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2017, 06:24:56 AM »
Do you use the same ISP to upload your data from both stations?
That could be the problem. If you don't already  send your data to another location try enabling CWOP in the weatherlink software. This is just to make sure that you can upload something from the software. It's pretty painless to set up. If it works then WU is the problem. If not it may be related to your ISP.
Just a suggestion.

Offline tdl086

• Amistad Road
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2017, 09:37:04 AM »
I use separate ISP and I do upload to CWOP and no issues. From reading other forum members it seems to be WU. Thanks for your reply. I holding out to hear back from WU.

anything