Author Topic: RE: Atlas: it's gotta be the software--  (Read 1575 times)

Offline BeaverMeadow

• Senior Contributor
RE: Atlas: it's gotta be the software--
« on: August 29, 2017, 09:54:37 AM »
 I propose that the hardware development and fabrication end is pretty straightforward. Engineers building on established technology and Chinese manufacturers with decades of ever improving production technique probably wouldn't cause such catastrophic delays in an important product release. On the other hand, getting those sensors to convey their info to displays and software programs without causing nightmare scenarios could account for early spring release morphing into ??? release.

MyAcurite is a pretty horrendous piece of software as far as being useful for serious data collection. Acurite must be (better be) accompanying their Atlas line with new and near professional level software. This could be where major delays are occurring. Also, a new and seriously useful display could also be fraught with many problems.

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
Re: RE: Atlas: it's gotta be the software--
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 03:01:14 PM »
Anyone know if the Atlas is using the HD Display that comes with the current Pro + 5 in 1 systems?
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 04:49:25 PM »
Anyone know if the Atlas is using the HD Display that comes with the current Pro + 5 in 1 systems?

Doesn't sound like it, but I really don't know. During this years CES they said that connection is thru the SmartHub or the new Wi-Fi HD display. But I would think that if it can link to the SmartHub, the current HD Display may also be possible.

January 2017 CES Show:
https://www.facebook.com/acurite/videos/1189358737808184/

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline BeaverMeadow

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 05:29:03 PM »
The recent and short-lived listings on Amazon mentioned a touchscreen. I don't think any of the current 5 in 1 displays have that feature.

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 07:57:29 AM »
Good info! Yes, the current HD display is not a touch screen. The one the video looked very similar to the current HD display however.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 12:14:44 PM »
Good point about the software maybe being the reason for the Atlas's delay. I'm guessing that the SmartHub's firmware is going to need a update. And maybe the existing HD Display can get an firmware update so that it will work with the Atlas.

My guess is that the SmartHub gets a firmware update, but not the HD Display.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline BeaverMeadow

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 08:10:27 PM »
I sure hope Acurite does more than just firmware updates. They need a new _serious display_ and definitely new MyAcurite software or else a way to send data directly to one's own website.

anything