Author Topic: [CLOSED] Alternative Dashboard Version 6.81 Released!  (Read 60089 times)

Offline BurnsvilleWeather

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
[CLOSED] Alternative Dashboard Version 6.81 Released!
« on: February 09, 2013, 02:16:08 PM »
UPDATED 17-MAR-2013 - Alternative Dashboard Version 6.81 is now Released!

Version 6.81 Update:
NOTE: REQUIRES SPECIAL ajaxWDwx.js VERSION & Change to Setting-weather.php
  • New special version of ajaxWDwx.js to avoid confusion with Ken's stock version
  • To use, you must modify settings-weather.php - change ajax filename (See Read-ME in archive)
  • Added back in CBI so the CBI/FWI option now works again (Broken in 6.80)
  • Added Yesterday High/low option, set on/off via config
  • All metric/imperial conversions now work - Thanks Jerry!
  • added/fixed many more language translations
  • Date fixes for record high/low sections
  • Many other minor changes/fixes

Version 6.80 Update:
  • Changed name of script to Burnsville Weather Live (Note, email address has changed too)
  • Modified first panel to include Storm Prediction(US) animated image under forecast
  • Moved Fire Danger under Rain/Snow.  Config File Change required.
  • New Version of ajaxWDwx.js also required
  • Added year to date Max Gust
  • Added Snow Melt to Top section next to Snowflake if usesnow is false
  • Fixed issue with Tide centralization
  • Added Yesterday Highs and Lows as an option
  • Many other minor fixes and Cosmetic Changes.

Thanks for everyone's patience in waiting for this update.  I tried to get in as much as I could but may have missed some suggestions.  If so please email me again.

Scott
Burnsville Weather Live Scripts
Formally Webster Weather Live Scripts

You can download the latest versions of my scripts by going to my website and clicking on the Weather Scripts menu option or click here:
http://burnsvilleweatherlive.com/wxScripts.php
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 02:28:39 PM by BurnsvilleWeather »
www.BurnsvilleWeatherLIVE.com (Formally Webster Weather LIVE)
Home of the Alternative Dashboard and Mobile Dashboard Scripts. Weather Display Scripts and Graphics

Davis VP2 with, UV, Solar, Leaf, Web Cam.

Offline BurnsvilleWeather

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
Re: Alternative Dashboard Version 6.80 Released!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 10:05:42 PM »
Thanks to all those that helped beta test this latest version:  John G., Jeff, Mikey, Chris K., Stan and several others that have given suggestions and requests over the past several months!   Big thanks to Jerry for all his help and code suggestions!

Scott
www.BurnsvilleWeatherLIVE.com (Formally Webster Weather LIVE)
Home of the Alternative Dashboard and Mobile Dashboard Scripts. Weather Display Scripts and Graphics

Davis VP2 with, UV, Solar, Leaf, Web Cam.

Offline ardsar

• Weather Plymouth
Re: Re: Alternative Dashboard Version 6.80 Released!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 09:50:10 AM »
Hi Scott,

Thanks for the update. Installed over previous version and now have a few issues

1) wind run value is incorrect. The correct value can be seen on the trends page. For example dashboard shows 43.88miles but trends page shows 58.04miles. Will check what WD shows when I get home. Just noticed that when page is refreshed, you can see the correct value prior to the 10 second update. Also the time format changes - i've set t to 24Hr clock, yet it switches back to 12hr format?!?
2) Can't seem to change between Chandler and FWI. Always shows Chandler.
3) Distance to lightning strike is incorrect. Worked ok on 6.71 which showed the distance in km instead of miles however this version switches units depending on units being used.
4) I also needed to make tweaks to the script to display correct record dates I.e. dates that are not in the future. Seem to have a conflict with time formats but couldn't resolve them with settings.
5) even though enabled feel like and heat index are not showing ...edit - having a look at the script i assume this is because the difference between actual and feels like is less than 2 degrees - guess i need more wind to confirm  :oops:

If I use the old ajaxWDwx.js items 1 and 3 are corrected.

Andy.

Www.bearsbythesea.co.uk
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 03:41:04 PM by ardsar »

Offline CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 10:28:18 AM »
Great Scott! Can't wait to play with this.

Did you end up going the other direction for getting the WU records or will WD get them with this script?
Tony

Offline ed2kayak

• Ed
  • Forecaster
  • Davis Vantage Pro2 w/12 hr FARS, solar/uv
    • Cumberland Valley Weather
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 11:23:48 PM »
Scott thanks!

One question, I'm using WD latest release to have METAR override for snow.

When page loads I get correct (nsn.jpg) image (its snowing here now, not sure for how long), but as soon as ajax updates its back to plain (nskc.jpg). What do I have wrong?
Ed
CoCoRaHS PA-CD-6,  Weather Underground KPAMECHA7, CWOP DW5425

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
    • Weather for Lebanon, TN 37087
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 04:00:45 PM »
Hi Scott,

Thank you for another great update! I do have one issue which I am sure is something I did. For cloud cover it shows the height as asl feet but no graphic / image. It used to show and image so I probably move or deleted something. Let me know. I appreciate it.

Thanks.

Bob

http://lebanontnwx.org/
Bob
KK4QXH

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 09:21:47 AM »
Hi Scott,

Beside the cloud cover image missing I noticed that the feels like temperature is not showing. In the config file php here is my settings:

// Settings for Feels Like Section (***You can set one or the other or BOTH if you wish!!!)
$useFL     = true;            // Set to false if you do not want to show the "Feels Like" Temperature above the colored word under the Temperature
$useHC     = true;            // Set to true if you want to show Heat Index and Wind Chill here instead
$MWC       = '40';            // Set to 40 for F and 4.4 for C
$MHI       = '80';            // Set to 80 for F and 26.6 for C

Any suggestions?

Bob
Bob
KK4QXH

Offline ardsar

• Weather Plymouth
Re: Re: Re: Alternative Dashboard Version 6.80 Released!
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 09:31:47 AM »
Hi Scott,

Beside the cloud cover image missing I noticed that the feels like temperature is not showing. In the config file php here is my settings:

// Settings for Feels Like Section (***You can set one or the other or BOTH if you wish!!!)
$useFL     = true;            // Set to false if you do not want to show the "Feels Like" Temperature above the colored word under the Temperature
$useHC     = true;            // Set to true if you want to show Heat Index and Wind Chill here instead
$MWC       = '40';            // Set to 40 for F and 4.4 for C
$MHI       = '80';            // Set to 80 for F and 26.6 for C

Any suggestions?

Bob

I have the same but looking through the script I think the feel like has to be different from the actual by 2 degrees. It does appear when the wind picks up.

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 02:09:21 PM »
Thanks and you are correct the wind has picked up here and I see the feels like temperature showing now. Now I have to solve why the cloud image does not show under cloud base. I do get the feet asl wording but now image. Any ideas?
Bob
KK4QXH

Offline ardsar

• Weather Plymouth
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 02:23:12 PM »
Thanks and you are correct the wind has picked up here and I see the feels like temperature showing now. Now I have to solve why the cloud image does not show under cloud base. I do get the feet asl wording but now image. Any ideas?

Sorry can't help you on that one. You have the same issue that I have with wind run. The value on your dashboard is lower than what is showing on your trend page.....

Also, are you able to switch between the burning index units ie. Chandler and the other one. For me it doesn't change.

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 02:57:27 PM »
Your right again I did not catch that with the wind run. On the dashboard it is wrong because my trend page and the steel gauges show the higher wind run then the dashboard.
I was not aware that you can switch between the CBI and the FWI. I thought you could only have one or the other?

I appreciate any help anyone can give with why the image does not show in the cloud level.
Bob
KK4QXH

Offline ardsar

• Weather Plymouth
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 05:40:59 PM »
Your right again I did not catch that with the wind run. On the dashboard it is wrong because my trend page and the steel gauges show the higher wind run then the dashboard.
I was not aware that you can switch between the CBI and the FWI. I thought you could only have one or the other?

I appreciate any help anyone can give with why the image does not show in the cloud level.

You can only have one cbi or wfi. If I change the settings to wfi, cbi still shows on dashboard.

As to your cloud issue - I made no changes to the cloud script. It just continued to work. Are you sure you copied all your settings across. I'm not at pc but think there is a path to the script you need to set?

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2013, 09:45:57 AM »
Ok that is what I thought I use CBI and all is well. I just need help with two issues then:

• Cloud Level image note showing. The only information showing is the cloud level text, no image or background.
  • Wind Average is not correct on dashboard compared to trend page, and steel gauges. Trend page and steel gauges match.

Bob
Bob
KK4QXH

Offline Andy G

• Forecaster
    • SunPrairieWeather.com
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2013, 10:07:53 PM »
hi Everyone

i am getting this error on my site

AJAX DASHBOARD ERROR:
Your "http://www.sunprairieweather.com/clientraw.txt" file could not be found

I dont get the error when I use ajaxWDwx.js version 4.20 when I use the new ajaxWDwx.js version 6.80 I get the error. I have tried to use the new dashboards before and alaways get the error. I have never been able to upgraade to any of the Version 6.xx without getting the error. Any ideas?

Thanks Andy
Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
~Einstein

SunPrairieWeather.com
Davis VP2 24 FARS

Offline ardsar

• Weather Plymouth
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2013, 05:37:25 AM »
hi Everyone

i am getting this error on my site

AJAX DASHBOARD ERROR:
Your "http://www.sunprairieweather.com/clientraw.txt" file could not be found

I dont get the error when I use ajaxWDwx.js version 4.20 when I use the new ajaxWDwx.js version 6.80 I get the error. I have tried to use the new dashboards before and alaways get the error. I have never been able to upgraade to any of the Version 6.xx without getting the error. Any ideas?

Thanks Andy

You need to open the ajaxWDwx.js with a txt editor and correct the line that points to your clientraw.txt file.

Offline Andy G

• Forecaster
    • SunPrairieWeather.com
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2013, 08:14:53 AM »
Here are my settings

var clientrawFile = './clientraw.txt'; // location of clientraw.txt relative to this page on website
var clientrawFile = './clientraw.txt'; // location of clientraw.txt relative to this page on website
clientrawFile = './clientraw.txt';

The top line is ver 4.20 next line is ver 6.8 and the bottom line is my ajaxWDwx-settings.js file

Thanks Andy
Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
~Einstein

SunPrairieWeather.com
Davis VP2 24 FARS

Offline Andy G

• Forecaster
    • SunPrairieWeather.com
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2013, 08:23:52 AM »
Im starting to think it may be a problem with my WD settings or a server problem. Using Dreamweaver and viewing my remote files clientraw.txt is listed as being on my server and if i refresh my remote files every once in a while the clientraw.txt does not appear maybe as it is being overwritten i don't know. I wonder if the ajaxWDwx.js ver 4.20 has a different setting for the time it spends looking for the clientraw.txt file before reporting a error. I don't know anything about .js

Does this make any sense?

Thanks Andy
~Einstein

SunPrairieWeather.com
Davis VP2 24 FARS

Offline ardsar

• Weather Plymouth
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2013, 08:42:33 AM »
Here are my settings

clientrawFile = './clientraw.txt';

The top line is ver 4.20 next line is ver 6.8 and the bottom line is my ajaxWDwx-settings.js file

Thanks Andy

I don't have the ajaxWDwx-settings file for some reason. However I made the changes within ajaxWDwx.js itself. You could try changing it there? Have you included the ajaxWDwx-settings file within the top of your page.

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2013, 11:12:53 AM »
Ok that is what I thought I use CBI and all is well. I just need help with two issues then:

• Cloud Level image note showing. The only information showing is the cloud level text, no image or background.
  • Wind Average is not correct on dashboard compared to trend page, and steel gauges. Trend page and steel gauges match.

Bob

Can anyone help me with the cloud level image not showing. I have checked my settings but cannot seem to figure why it is doing what it is doing. As for the wind average this looks to affect others so I think Scott will address that. I certainly appreciate anyone's help with the image for cloud level.

Thanks.

Bob
Bob
KK4QXH

Offline ALITTLEweird1

• Mark
  • Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • North Bend Weather
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2013, 11:17:56 AM »

Bob

Can anyone help me with the cloud level image not showing. I have checked my settings but cannot seem to figure why it is doing what it is doing. As for the wind average this looks to affect others so I think Scott will address that. I certainly appreciate anyone's help with the image for cloud level.

Thanks.

Bob

Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but theres a few errors when you go to your cloud-base page itself
http://lebanontnwx.org/cloud-base.php

Im not running this version of Scotts dashboard yet, but heres what my cloud base looks like
http://www.northbendweather.com/cloud-base.php
"Nature can do without man, but man cannot do without nature."

Software: WeatherDisplay
Hardware: Davis VP2 + VP2 Solar + VP2 UV + Lightning Detector + Logitech Webcam + Soil temp + Soil Moisture

Offline n7xrd

• Forecaster
    • Kamiah Weather
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2013, 12:06:30 PM »
Is there a way to turn the storm prediction map off?

Offline ardsar

• Weather Plymouth
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2013, 12:28:03 PM »

Edit line 650 in Ajax-dashboard.php to something else you want to show like rain radar.

Offline Chris_K

• Contributor
    • Bucks County Weather
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2013, 01:21:18 PM »
I noticed the "Wind Run" on the dashboard updates only on page refresh.. I couldn't find any setting allowing it to update via ajax....or did I miss it.
Thanks,

Chris

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2013, 01:26:03 PM »

Bob

Thanks.

Bob

Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but theres a few errors when you go to your cloud-base page itself

Im not running this version of Scotts dashboard yet, but heres what my cloud base looks like
http://www.northbendweather.com/cloud-base.php

Thanks. I see all the time zone errors. I have my time zone set for America/Chicago which it should be. So not sure why it is giving the time zone errors. The first few errors occur in the season background area of the script. I am confused on this one. It worked before but now it does not. Here is a link to the php and you can see the errors.

Thanks,

Bob
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 02:06:54 PM by tnwxman »
Bob
KK4QXH

Offline n7xrd

• Forecaster
    • Kamiah Weather
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2013, 01:37:22 PM »

Edit line 650 in Ajax-dashboard.php to something else you want to show like rain radar.
Thank You

anything