Author Topic: New Ambient Weather Firmware 2.3.6  (Read 1614 times)

Offline Pooley

• My Weatherstation on Wunderground
New Ambient Weather Firmware 2.3.6
« on: January 09, 2017, 11:23:21 PM »
So I noticed that Ambient have released new software for my WS-1001 clone (https://ambientweather.wikispaces.com/ws1001-wifi). Thought that I would give it a try as I was still running 2.2.5 as if I tried to use any newer version I would lose WiFi and internet connectivity therefore losing ability to upload to Wunderground.

So I modified the
Code: [Select]
main.ini line regarding frequency from
915M to
433M (I'm in Australia) and changed the line in
update.ini regarding deleting data from
DeleteDatabase=True to
DeleteDatabase=False in a an effort to preserve my historical data (2016 was one of our windiest and second wettest years on record here.

Main reason for me doing the upgrade was because I wanted to get EasyweatherIP connectivity up and going as I would really like to be able to see my inside-house temperatures and humidity remotely even if I have to remote-access my PC using TeamViewer or the like.

Update went through OK but unfortunately all historical data was lost. All customisations were lost - being in the Southern Hemisphere you need to calibrate the wind direction by 180° to give a proper reading and I had also adjusted my relative barometric pressure for our altitude. All observations on console display had returned to Imperial instead of Metric. Console picked up external and internal sensors with no problem however internet settings were lost. I re-entered all of the details to connect to my WLAN and that connected up fine. Had to re-enter Wunderground login details and noticed that the console asked for Station Name and Station Key. Got my Station key from my Wunderground account details page and entered it fully aware of the case sensitivity of the key. After 3 tries the station would not register with WU. Eventually tried my WU password instead of the station key and it linked up immediately  :???:

Now to my questions - For some reason I still do not have easyweather connectivity. I have had it in the past a few times and all I have had to do is select my local IP address on the PC that I am using. I do that now but nothing shows up...still. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Second observation, under my previous firmware updates would post to WU every 8 - 16 seconds and updates to the graphs on my PWS page would update every 5 mins (using the wind speed as an example as that shows a new plot point for each update:

After the update it appears that the updates are only occurring every 15 mins:

Is there a setting anywhere within the main.ini, update.ini or server.ini files to return to the rapid updates that I had previously?

One final observation, I am fairly certain that previously when I went to Settings > About > Display it used to show my MAC Address but now it is blank, same as the user had in this thread: http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=31021.msg308870#msg308870

Almost feel like I should roll back to 2.2.5 as I feel that there doesn't appear to have been any benefit in upgrading to the newer version and has in fact regressed in some areas.

Would someone be able to PM the email for Ed from Ambient who seems to be the go to person for these things and seems to be very helpful to others when they have had issues.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 11:54:31 PM by Pooley »

anything