Author Topic: Ordinal 9 message after Windows 10 update  (Read 4138 times)

Offline augisdad

Ordinal 9 message after Windows 10 update
« on: October 16, 2016, 11:08:57 AM »
Back in September after an overnight update of Windows 10, my Weatherlink 5.8 software got the following message upon execution.  I've tried a reinstall, but get the same results.  Anybody have any ideas?

---------------------------
WeatherLink 5.8.0.exe - Ordinal Not Found
The ordinal 9 could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files\WeatherLink\WININET.dll.
OK   

Offline Curly

• Forecaster
    • Michiana Weather
Re: Ordinal 9 message after Windows 10 update
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 11:55:11 AM »
Try updating to version 6.02

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 02:01:44 PM »
v6.0.3 is the latest version and it's certainly worth trying an update to this version. But I suspect that the update may not work in resolving the problem.

This can be one of those rare instances where updating to v6.0.3 doesn't work. Instead, the Davis recommended way of dealing with this is to completely uninstall the existing version of WL and then install v6.0.3 from a full new version - ie an update download won't work, you need a fresh install of the full version.

Edit: Sorry, should have added an explanation: Apparently, the updates don't do a complete job of removing one file (I don't know which one) and continuing use of this old file by Windows is what triggers the 'Ordinal 9' error. Hence the need to remove all traces of the previous installation.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 03:58:15 PM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline augisdad

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 04:21:28 PM »
Thanks, the full install worked!  I'm back up and running.