Author Topic: WS 2902 was working until I rebooted my router  (Read 2000 times)

Offline terk

WS 2902 was working until I rebooted my router
« on: March 09, 2018, 03:28:45 PM »
I have had the WS-2902 for a few months and its been working great until I rebooted my router last weekend.  Now the WS-2902 console still shows a solid WiFi signal but hasn't updated information on either dashboard.ambientweather.net or www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station where it used to update those regularly.  I tried searching this forum but didn't get any results that sounded related.  Has anyone else had issues with this, or have any idea what to try?  The WS-2902 console shows the current information from the weather station so I know the connection between those components is ok.  I did try unplugging the console and pulling the batteries then plugging it back in and it reconnected to the outside unit and to WiFi so I can still see it in the Ambient Weather Tool but it still isn't updating the web services.

Thanks.

Offline dupreezd

• Forecaster
Re: WS 2902 was working until I rebooted my router
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 08:57:18 AM »
it reconnected to the outside unit and to WiFi so I can still see it in the Ambient Weather Tool but it still isn't updating the web services.
This looks like the LAN side is working properly if you can connect to the 2902 via your cell phone.

The router might be blocking it from reaching the internet. I would connect to the router interface and have a look at the log files. This might give you a clue.
Also, have you tried rebooting the router again with everything connected?
Davis VP2 6163 | WiFi Logger
CWOP - FW0717
Blitzortung 2100

Offline terk

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 06:48:41 PM »
Thanks, rebooting the router again did the trick, even though everything else was working through the router.

Offline dupreezd

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 07:04:33 PM »
Good job.

Just out of curiosity, what model and make is your router?
CWOP - FW0717
Blitzortung 2100

Offline terk

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 07:20:20 PM »
ASUS RT-AC66U, its been one of the more reliable routers I've had, I had just rebooted it when trying to troubleshoot a WiFi camera issue.

Offline sely

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2018, 05:53:45 PM »
Same thing has happened to me, my WS 2902 quit working when i rebooted my router but rebooting again has not fixed the problem.  I can ping the 2902, I see it on my router sending and receiving data, I can connect using the Osprey app on android, but nothing shows up on Ambient Weather, WunderGround or WeatherCloud.  Was working fine up to the reboot. The console shows wifi and rf are OK.

Offline dupreezd

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2018, 06:53:49 PM »
Try re-entering your WU credentials. Make sure username all caps and check for 'O' - oh and '0' -zero
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 07:35:09 AM by dupreezd »
CWOP - FW0717
Blitzortung 2100

Offline terk

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2018, 11:34:54 AM »
Mine was in the same state where I could still see it via my AP software and via the mobile Ambient Tool app but it wouldn't update either weather service web site.  After rebooting the router again it started working.  Maybe try another reboot if you haven't tried multiple and wait after the reboot to check for 10 minutes or so to give it time to connect and update?

Offline terk

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2018, 10:52:00 AM »
I updated the firmware on our router yesterday so it rebooted and the WS-2902 stopped updating the web sites again so I tried rebooting the router which didn't help this time, instead I had to pull one of the batteries and unplug the WS-2902 display then after a few seconds plug it back in and put the battery back in and it started updating again.

anything