Author Topic: Did Acurite uploads to WU stop for about 12 hours lastnight?  (Read 993 times)

Offline A1cntrler

Did Acurite uploads to WU stop for about 12 hours lastnight?
« on: October 04, 2017, 12:13:20 PM »
Trying to help my dad in another state troubleshoot his station.  Mine showed no issue but my data goes via Meteobridge to WU, while his goes through AcuRite servers.  At about 7pm Oct 3 WU lost the data feed and it returned at 7am this morning (Oct 4).  During the time they didn't lose internet connection at the house.  He got the usual messages from WU saying the data stopped, and again one this morning congratulating him on getting back online.
Ambient WS-5000 (KVACHEST93)

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
Re: Did Acurite uploads to WU stop for about 12 hours lastnight?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 01:10:06 PM »
Trying to help my dad in another state troubleshoot his station.  Mine showed no issue but my data goes via Meteobridge to WU, while his goes through AcuRite servers.  At about 7pm Oct 3 WU lost the data feed and it returned at 7am this morning (Oct 4).  During the time they didn't lose internet connection at the house.  He got the usual messages from WU saying the data stopped, and again one this morning congratulating him on getting back online.

Data to wunderground doesn't flow through Acurite's servers.  It hasn't worked that way in over a year.

Offline A1cntrler

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 01:15:38 PM »
Ok.  Did not know that.  I thought that was where you input the WU information and checked the box to share it.  So it goes right from the hub to WU now?
Ambient WS-5000 (KVACHEST93)

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 01:18:19 PM »
Ok.  Did not know that.  I thought that was where you input the WU information and checked the box to share it.  So it goes right from the hub to WU now?

Yes.  However, the myAcurite site is where you control the settings.  When you make a change, the new settings are pushed down to the SmartHUB.  After that, it's all between the SmartHUB and wunderground.