Author Topic: PWS Data : Status Screem  (Read 783 times)

Offline bchwdlks

• Senior Contributor
PWS Data : Status Screem
« on: September 29, 2017, 03:47:02 PM »
Does anyone here know how WU arrives at the count of the number of times viewed for a PWS page?

The 1st few years I had the station up, the count was 5-10 per day. I never saw a month that was higher than 300. Then earlier this year when WU started "upgrading" servers, the count never moved, and for several weeks it was at 1. In April/May it started working again. It looked like it I would expect and then in June it started showing 90-100 views per day. It is now been several months and still seems to staying in the same range. All the nearby stations that I looked at seem to be what I thought was normal,  5-10 per day.

Are there really that many users looking at it ?

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline antstrafer

• Contributor
Re: PWS Data : Status Screem
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 04:56:19 PM »
Go view your site, check the counter number, exit and go view your site again and see how much the counter has advanced.  Mine was doing 3 clicks at a time
for a while and then settled to one per visit. 
Davis Vantage Pro2 plus     Meteobridge

CWOP FW5142    PWS THAI817    MADIS F5142
WU KTXTHALI2    AWEKAS           weatherobs

Offline bchwdlks

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 10:12:22 PM »
The count from a browser read of the page is correct,  I was wondering if there is a phone or tablet app that is scraping data from the PWS website ?

Offline antstrafer

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 10:22:00 PM »
at one time there was a problem with the counter updating any time the temp updated.   has been fixed.  cleared your cache lately?
Davis Vantage Pro2 plus     Meteobridge

CWOP FW5142    PWS THAI817    MADIS F5142
WU KTXTHALI2    AWEKAS           weatherobs

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 04:34:04 PM »
Good timing! I was just wondering this myself. Maybe the mobile views rack up the counts? I've had between 130 and 170 at both of my stations so far this month. I'm sure most of those are just me looking at the data multiple times a day.  :lol:
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

anything