Author Topic: Spring/Summer '17  (Read 5301 times)

Online Jchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Re: Spring/Summer '17
« Reply #150 on: August 11, 2017, 10:03:54 PM »
Most likely hyperregional heat wave

Offline EastFrisianGuy

• Private Weather Station Bremerhaven
« Reply #151 on: August 14, 2017, 07:50:31 AM »
After a cool start with a low of 9C (48F) at my station, (though it was still a little colder in the surroundings with lows of 5-7C (41-45F)) and shallow fog on the pastures,
we are currently @1:45 PM at 19C with sunshine and almost no winds. Feels actually quite warm in the midday sun. Tomorrow even a summer day (tmax above 25C/77F) could be possible here with a forecasted maximum of 27C (80F). Well, we shall see.  :-)
Best Regards

Georg

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
« Reply #152 on: Yesterday at 12:21:58 PM »
It's been a very weird summer.  Few if any 100 degree days, several in the upper 90s.  Had a few high low records, but also some low records and low high records.  Very, very dry at my house.  Less than a 1/10th" in the last 30 days.  One decent rainfall just before that and several dry weeks before that; something like two inches total in two months.  But very localized, neighbors a half mile down the road have had more rain than I have.  Grass is brown mostly, so no mowing.  Trees are dropping leaves.  Yet the dew points are so high, I can't hardly breathe outside.  75 degrees on some mornings and I drip sweat just standing still, doing nothing at all.  If I could just wring the moisture out of the air, the grass would be green and lush.

Banners, tags, widgets, etc. are why I have Signatures turned off.

Offline Tangster1

« Reply #153 on: Yesterday at 01:46:30 PM »
  Been hot in the N.East this summer about the worst Ive experienced up here being born and raised in the south takes a good amount of humidity to get my attention .. Cold long spring but more then a few 100 plus f. deg days here and Ive actually broken a few sweats working in and around  yrd .. Don't see any locals out after 90 here (: I'm about the only one outside moving around