Author Topic: Acurite RAIN gauge to WU wioth 3in1 also  (Read 1004 times)

Offline Zug

Acurite RAIN gauge to WU wioth 3in1 also
« on: March 18, 2015, 01:06:21 PM »
OK, probably a newbie dumb question but here it goes.

I got my Acurite 01301 system last weeks with a 3 in 1 sensor, then got the AcuLINK and a rain gauge monday. All that is showing on "my backyard" page ok,  but Weather Underground does seem  to see there's a rain gauge.  the my-backyard page only offers to share the 3 in 1 sensor. 
I have selected the share with internet option on all the sensors.  So what am I missing to get he rain gauge to report to WU also?

on a related note, I often see the the WU page show my wind speed at 0.9 mph in the circle, although it seems to be ok at the moment http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=IONTARIO952

I'm also just am seeing the the wind low speed in "--", is that normal?  oddly the display I have on my desk also always reads 0 as the low wind for the last 30 minutes even thought there's a constant breeze.

sorry for the long babbling question...  thanks for any help you have to offer:)

Kent

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
Re: Acurite RAIN gauge to WU wioth 3in1 also
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 09:20:50 PM »
You might get a better response asking this in the Acu-Rite forum on this site, since it is a MBW (my backyard weather) question and not really a Weather Underground problem.....
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 10:04:58 PM »
Yeah, this is more an Acurite question.

But the quick answer is that MBW currently only lets you share one device at a time.  MBW has no ability to "mix-and-match" data from various sensors. 

The "sharing" option you're looking at is for friends you are sharing with on MBW itself.

Offline Zug

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 03:38:23 AM »
Thanks for the plies.  I wasn't sure where to post is since there's so many leaves of devices and websites in the process.  But at least I know I can't put rain on WU, kind of disappointing, but at least U now.  I've emailed AcuRite about this and a separate display problem i discovered in the 1301 desktop unit..  Maybe I'mm go post that in teh Acurite board quick just to see what happens..

thanks.
Kent

anything